WWII Infantry

BluePhantom

I did not see this in another post, so perhaps no one else is having this problem: I have no WWII infantry available in the ME, or at most only the US M4 soldier. I have purchased the WWII assets pack and other items appear. Any ideas why I see no infantry?

Edited by BluePhantom

Hi when you go to mission editor, click on ground units, (the little tank icon to the left of the screen), then click on unit type to the right of the screen, and they should be there in a dropdown menu. if they are still not showing up, you may have to set the date to before 1945 in the time and date area that is in the weather and time tab. Hope this helps let us know how you make out.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, that isn't it.  I forgot to mention that I had the historical filter turned off.  If I turn it on, (Pre-1945), the only option I have is the Infantry M1 Garand, an American soldier.  That is already available without the filter.  No German infantry, no British, etc.  And since it is an ED module and not third party, I don't think my installation location or method is the issue.

Oh, well, thank you for the reply in any case.

I think I figured it out.  What was confusing me was the fact that a large number of my Tech options are from mods and not ED.  The mod options are always available for selection whereas the ED selections are period and country specific.  So, as you suggested, if I select UK and the right time frame, then I get a British infantry man, pre-1945.  Same for US and Germany.  Strangely, no Soviet soldiers from the period are available.

In a specific case, I created a mission for the Korean War.  As such, I wanted to use Chinese soldiers with single-shot weapons. The closest you can come is semi-automatic/automatic AK-47s.  I am getting around this by having the Chinese become German Mauser 98s.  Inaccurate as hell, but much more balanced in terms of fire power.

I just wish ED would step up their support for the Warbird era a bit more. At least they were kind enough to include some WWII missions in the latest update.

Thanks for your help, all.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BluePhantom said:

Strangely, no Soviet soldiers from the period are available.

Thats not strange at all. There is no native soviet WWII tech or units made by ED in DCS, only west front stuff is in. (I-16 is the only soviet WWII equipment in DCS, but its not made by ED) 

• 2 weeks later...

OK, thanks. Sad but okay. I thought i missed something. Machinegunners, Officers...at least...

I mean its not important for the missions, you dont see them anyway...but to populate the airfield it would be a massive gain. At least as static elements.

• Like 1

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

Agree 100%, I actually use DCS as a sandbox to set up Air/ Ground / Sea missions in the editor to watch them play out in this beautiful sim - like an amateur director doing a movie 😄

Would love more options on Infantry, as you all say.

At the moment, the only option is through skins / liveries on the existing limited models, to get some variety.

I had great intentions of getting into learning to create liveries & started with the WWII infantry & vehicles, but RL intervened.

Managed to to a few hack jobs as part of the learning process.

Germany Soldier Desert DAK 2-Tone Iron Cross Front Helmet Goggles 2.jpg

Germany Soldier Luftwaffe_HG 2 Tone OFF Front Helmet Camo 2.jpg

Germany Soldier Panzer Troop Waffen SS 2-Tone Front Helmet 2.jpg

Germany Soldier Waffen SS 2-Tone Side.jpg

Germany Soldier Winter 2-Tone Front Helmet.jpg

Germany Sd Kfz 2 Kettenkrad Waffen SS Speckel.jpg

UK Soldier Desert 2 Tone Helmet Net Goggles.jpg

US Soldier 101 AB 2 Tone CPL Top Helmet Net.jpg

US Soldier Rangers 2 Tone CPT Front Helmet .jpg

US Soldier Rangers 2 Tone CPT zBack Helmet.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2022 at 12:19 PM, ggrewe said:

Agree 100%, I actually use DCS as a sandbox to set up Air/ Ground / Sea missions in the editor to watch them play out in this beautiful sim - like an amateur director doing a movie 😄

Would love more options on Infantry, as you all say.

At the moment, the only option is through skins / liveries on the existing limited models, to get some variety.

I had great intentions of getting into learning to create liveries & started with the WWII infantry & vehicles, but RL intervened.

Managed to to a few hack jobs as part of the learning process.

Germany Soldier Desert DAK 2-Tone Iron Cross Front Helmet Goggles 2.jpg

Germany Soldier Luftwaffe_HG 2 Tone OFF Front Helmet Camo 2.jpg

Germany Soldier Panzer Troop Waffen SS 2-Tone Front Helmet 2.jpg

Germany Soldier Waffen SS 2-Tone Side.jpg

Germany Soldier Winter 2-Tone Front Helmet.jpg

Germany Sd Kfz 2 Kettenkrad Waffen SS Speckel.jpg

UK Soldier Desert 2 Tone Helmet Net Goggles.jpg

US Soldier 101 AB 2 Tone CPL Top Helmet Net.jpg

US Soldier Rangers 2 Tone CPT Front Helmet .jpg

US Soldier Rangers 2 Tone CPT zBack Helmet.jpg

Awesome work, now if only they could make them curtsy! Eingehend!... (curtsy) ja, das ist gut.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A standard US infantry model would be nice as well. The M42, musette bag, and Corcoran boots were for airborne troops only. Infantry landing on the beach had wool trousers, M1941 field jacket, M1928 haversacks, and service shoes with canvas leggings.

• Like 1

ggrewe's stuff above looks great ...

Just been experimenting with 'street fights' in Paris ..... it's really weird that a poor dying virtual soldier has black smoke rising above the spot. Makes you feel extra bad.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/21/2022 at 4:55 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

Ed has talked from some time ago with they dont go to build any east front assets, meanwhile dont make a WW2 east front map.

Which I keep saying they need to reverse. At the minimum they need to start building some Red Assets that could do double duty for Korea