Wingman trying to kill me on landings

trevoC

Just started this campaign and have no issues with Mission 01 and 02 except until the very end.

Complete mission just fine, go in for a nice landing, all lined up and perfect approach... Wingman attempts to land with me in a seemingly random spot each time and basically right on top of me.

First mission I was center line as I wasn't expecting this... he flew by me last second landing on the left of the runway and scaring the <profanity> out of me (last 50 feet or so of approach)

With this in mind I figured ok... he's landing left so mission 02 I land to the right of the runway. Wingman at this time does the same thing except passes me last second and lands on the right of the runway (actually somewhat off the tarmac) making me have to land and immediately brake and steer to the left of the runway.

Any tips on where I'm expected to land to prevent him from killing me.

With luck, he didn't hit me either time but I don't want to play the entire campaign with landing anxiety each time.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

If anyone else ends up here I found a simple solution.

In Mission 03 when I get the call to RTB (Mission success) I just tell my wingman to RTB via the communication menu. Although we end up going to the same spot it puts enough separation between us to prevent the mishaps.

• Like 1

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

I assume you were approaching straight in. I'm pretty sure wingman can't keep up with you doing overhead pattern. Yet if you insist you can manage him by either letting him RTB first or put him on hold and allowing him when you're on final.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Hi trevo - 

Indeed your wingman is not quite smart enough to land in formation with you. The best option, as draconus suggests, is to tell him to RTB using the radio menu as you begin your approach. It should also be noted that all victory/scoring and almost all dialogue triggers for this campaign are looking for the player aircraft's position; there is never any need to wait for your wingman to land.

Enjoy the rest of the campaign!