Bell 206-L3 Longranger MOD (AI only)

rato65

This little package contains a Bell Longranger L3 type helicopter model with some liveries. This is only AI and has only some basic animations, PBR textures and no damage model or weapons. It also has some model and texture fixes to be made, but it takes forever and so I thought I might as well release it before waiting another 6 months...I made this for myself to gain/improve some skills in 3D modelling, texturing and lua scripting, and because I like to get more civil Helicopter OPs into DCS.
Tested with DCS 2.7.8.

UPDATES:
current version: 0.1
- liveries pack provided by @Urbi (separate link see "ADDONS")
- liveries pack provided by @crazyeddie (separate link see "ADDONS")

DOWNLOAD:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yt7rbqgol495ei/Bell_206-L3 AI.zip?dl=0

INSTALL:
Unzip the package.

1. Copy the content of "Liveries" into your "Saved Games/DCS/Liveries" folder.
2. Copy the content of "tech" into your "Saved Games/DCS/Mods/tech" folder

The package includes a basic livery template.

ADDONS:
- A more detailed and corrected Livery pack is provided by @Urbi:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/so5z9y51p86ikz0/Bell_206-L3.zip?dl=0

- @crazyeddie provides a beautiful new liveries package, download here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n82g1x6485p3hjg/crazyeddies_Bell 206 Liveries.zip?dl=0

CREDITS:
This mod was inspired through the work from Upuat, EightBall, Nibbylot and Damientrix. I used some snippets of lua-scripts from each of these authors and modified them for this project, as I did prior to my HH-60 mod. The 3D model of the helicopter was downloaded from GrabCad and it is allowed to be used for royalty free usage and distribution. The author of the original CAD model is Mr. John Fall, and I am grateful he allows this model to be used for free and appreciate his beautiful CAD work. I made a lot of changes to the original model though, and had to import it into my 3D environment with a number of tedious conversions. Finally, thanks to Urbi and Crazyeddie who reworked textures and provided additional (and enhanced) liveries.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

Have CIVIL fun!

B206_3.png

B206_4.png

B206_1.png

B206_5.png

B206_2.png

B206_6.png

Edited by rato65
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 5

Looking really nice! Great work! 👍👍👍

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Afghanistan - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

@Vine_dog and @Urbi:

how cool is that!

Honestly I was hoping a little bit the model would inspire somebody to make a livery - but this is already more than I hoped for. The 206-L is just a beautiful platform for skins in real world. Inspires me as well to go further with the mod (winter is coming...)

• Like 1

@Urbi 

Beautiful work  Mate!

Merci!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 2 weeks later...
Am 26.11.2022 um 12:44 schrieb Urbi:

Hello folks ! I've dealt with the textures of the mod and made corrections and improvements. the description.lua are all written the same and contain no country and no name. the name is loaded with the folder name of the liveries. some liveries have a different main blade texture. In order to use these for other liveries, you only need to copy the textures and the description.lua from the liveries that have them into your own liveries. the same applies to the roughmet of the SE-HGX, this is matter than the main roughmet of the 206_Fuse_Map texture. The folders in the package are to be replaced at the locations of the folders in the Rato65 package. replace means that they will be deleted beforehand. All textures are in .dds format
The link to download:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/so5z9y51p86ikz0/Bell_206-L3.zip?dl=0

p.s. to Vine_dog : You can insert your textures in the PSD where the others already created are layered to take advantage of the improvements. Please pay attention to the bell logos and the FUEL CAP text. these levels are then also higher than yours.

null

Great work @Urbi

Thank you very much! 👍

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...