Trees on the mountains

ouky1991

The tree placement looks very odd at times, especially towards the mountain tops. Looks like they were automatically populated depending on the texture color on the map or something. I realize it's WIP and early acces, plus the map is huge, so it's understandable it might not be priority at the moment, I just want to make sure it's gonna be fixed in future.

I see this basically everywhere, even in the areas that are supposed to be 80%-100% complete. So are there any plans to erase the trees on the white caps / lower the forest borders to look more like on the left image below rather than the right?

DCS 2022-11-22 16-22-13.jpg

On 11/29/2022 at 4:17 AM, durka-durka said:

I got bushes on the taxi way at Puntas Arenas.

Known and fixed internally

• Like 1

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 4:07 PM, ouky1991 said:

The tree placement looks very odd at times, especially towards the mountain tops. Looks like they were automatically populated depending on the texture color on the map or something. I realize it's WIP and early acces, plus the map is huge, so it's understandable it might not be priority at the moment, I just want to make sure it's gonna be fixed in future.

I see this basically everywhere, even in the areas that are supposed to be 80%-100% complete. So are there any plans to erase the trees on the white caps / lower the forest borders to look more like on the left image below rather than the right?

DCS 2022-11-22 16-22-13.jpg

the tree maps are all hand painted, however sometimes we use colour selection to select an area to paint, sometimes this needs some tweaking 🙂 but we are working through the map to correct stuff

• Like 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

10 minutes ago, Raz_Specter said:

the tree maps are all hand painted, however sometimes we use colour selection to select an area to paint, sometimes this needs some tweaking 🙂 but we are working through the map to correct stuff

Thank you, that's very good to hear, looking forward to check today's update