FOV 84.4 in all Aircraft at Start

VampireNZ
Go to solution Solved by jimcarrel,

Not sure what I have done, but when I get into any cockpit for the first time in any aircraft, the FOV is set to 84.4 and I need to press NumPad Enter to Zoom normal to the value of 65 I have set in SnapViews.lua file from the \saved games\dcs\config\view folder. I don't have anything mapped to Zoom axis on any of these aircraft.

Never encountered this before but no doubt I have touched something I shouldn't have - help would be appreciated. It's not the end of the world but seems strange I have to reset FOV every aircraft start now.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

I could be wrong, but whatever you have done, that is the way mine has operated for quite a while. Maybe as long as I remember. I've always had to hit enter on 1st start.

Ok thanks - have been away from DCS for a while, and was playing solely in VR before then, so prob forgot it was always zoomed out when you first entered cockpit.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

Hi,
the best Zoom value is ?

... is subjective, because it depends on one's monitor size, distance between eyes and monitor, mission types usually flown (spotting issues). There's no universal "best" value. Experiment and see what works best for you, however.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.