Random ATC chatter

Dragon1-1

Would that be possible to either get rid of the useless ATC chatter or to tone it down? Or at least assign it to COMM 2 so it can be tuned out or the volume turned down at will. It's distracting and immersion-breaking.

FYI, most real CV ops are conducted ZIP LIP, that is, no comms at all between inbound and ball call. Even in Case III, you get inbound, established, commence and the responses, that's it. Once out of the stack, you switch channels and talk only to the carrier. In the marshal, hearing anything on radio happens in bursts as the aircraft return for the recovery cycle. Unless you're approaching a major international airport (think Schipol or Heathrow) you never get a constant stream of chatter on your radio.

Edited by Dragon1-1

You don't by chance have Vaicom Pro with Voice Attack do you? If you do check and make sure you do not have chatter enabled in Vaicom.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi Dragon 1-1

Thanks for your comment. Totally understand and am aware of real operations on a carrier, in fact the recording used is from live carrier operations.   The trouble is true zip lip operations would make pretty boring missions. A lot of pilots actually like the background radio used in the area of the carrier. I do appreciate and respect your viewpoint though. Unfortunately, currently there is no simple way of deactivating this.  May look to do this in the future and or remove them altogether if I get enough requests. 

I have just completed my latest campaign which is 'Rise of the Persian Lion 2' and you will be pleased to know there is no background radio used in that one.  It's with ED at the moment and will be released in the future.

Badger633

Edited by Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

12 minutes ago, Badger633 said:

Totally understand and am aware of real operations on a carrier, in fact the recording used is from live carrier operations.

Yes, but it's looped and totally inappropriate in most missions. IRL, you'd hear it once, not on a loop from 50 miles out, and certainly not when launching and out to 50 miles. The carrier chatter is pointlessly distracting from the things that you are doing (such as trying to trap). 

The simple way to disable it is to make it an actual radio message on COMM 2. That's how Rising Squall allows you to adjust music volume, including turning it off completely.