Would you consider making the E carrier capable IN GAME please?

Baco

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Dragon1-1:

Hardly "no extra work". You'd need a launch bar, with the real E doesn't have. No dice, this is a land-based Phantom.

You should be able to trap, hook is the same as on a Navy Phantom. Gear isn't, but you're not taking off anyway. 🙂 

No, you don't need a physical launchbar in a video game. I think OP means just the game logic and keybinds.

Adding some kind of frankenstein carrier capability would increase sales in the beginning, isn't that what early access is all about?

• Like 1

Modules: AH-64D, Mi-24P, UH-1H, F-14, F-18C, CA, SC    Terrains: Sinai, Strait of Hormuz, Syria    -    Wishlist: Desert Storm map, 1950s Sinai, Navy Phantom, A-6, Mirage F1EQ, AH-64A, MiG-17/23/25/29, dynamic campaign, live/historical weather - Social credit score: -20

You can try landing it manually with the hook and then using the full length of the carrier deck for a take off. 

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

Nah, not for me - the landing gear (specifically the tyres) can't handle the landing and doesn't have bridle hooks for the catapult.

So, by all means, try and land on the carrier, but you'll have to wait for a repair for the tyres and you'll need to use the full-length of the carrier to get airborne again.

Ultimately it was a land-based aircraft that wasn't carrier capable, I'd much rather get a carrier-based Phantom for naval-operations (also given that they have superior radars, and carry different Sidewinders, at least if you're talking about the J or later).

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Most responders completely miss-read the OP - he said “while we wait for the navy phantom”. He is asking to be able to pretend that the E is a naval phantom and operate it from a carrier, until a proper navy model is available (which will be a long wait).

I can relate to that, but this is not a good idea to mess with the model and add imaginary features that will need to be removed later. A mod on the other hand could probably do it, and this is up to the community not Heatblurr.

• Like 3

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

On 11/25/2022 at 6:37 PM, Baco said:

Yeah the tipical naysayers.  Purism over playbility. yep. oh well. god fobid they use the E as a C right? LOL... 

Guess Ill have to wait til 2025 or 26 with some luck and maybe by then we get teh Saratoga also LOL...

Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) 2.7 is a free-to-play digital battlefield game.

Our dream is to offer the most authentic and realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles and ships possible.

🤔

• Like 5

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Maybe.......We can get a carrier capable X-Wing fighter too 😁

• Like 1

Digital Storm Lynx: i9-10850k (5.2 GHz): 64GB RAM (3200 MHz): 2TB SSD M.2 Samsung 970 EVO: 2TB Samsung HD: GEFORCE 2080 TI: Thrust Master WartHog (modified): TM F-18C joystick: Saitek Rudder Pedals: HP Reverb PRO: Volair Sim Cockpit: Current Stable Version of DCS :thumbup:

IRL Retired Maintainer of the AT-38B: F-4E/G: F-15A/B/C/D: and McDonnell Douglas/Boeing Technical Advisor for the F-15C/D. I drive trains now. :yawn:

On 11/24/2022 at 9:21 PM, Baco said:

I know its fictional and all but it will do while we wait for the navy phantoms..

No changes, no extra work,  just that the carriers recognize it and we can launch from a CATOBAR carrier.

As an interim I could imagine a solution like the A-4E mod, also has no launch bar and is still able to be launched.

Don't see the point in not giving some people their toys, nobody is forced to use it if he doesn't want to.

• Like 2

Alias in Discord: Mailman

Might be off topic, but I didnt think the Phantom ever had a Launchbar. I thought it had a Bridal system for its entire life. I could be wrong for the S/N as my knowledge of them is limited. The E is missing those Bridal connection points. But for the sake of the game and implementation I dont see a problem with a stand in "Carrier Launch System" that just makes it compatible with existing carriers, but I dont think that would be a critical path to release.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bananabrai said:

Don't see the point in not giving some people their toys, nobody is forced to use it if he doesn't want to.

How are you going to visually spot a target if you can't see a post? It's cleared in these post from kind 3-rd party dev. It's not a 4 lines of code if it shall work properly. 

On 11/25/2022 at 7:58 PM, Cobra847 said:

Very unlikely- as we plan to start work on the Navy Phantoms very quickly and this would simply end up being a distraction 🙂

There's also plenty "soft core" flight sims and they are more kids friendly.

Don't mess with The Phantom

Some of us don't want another MiG-21 - strange combination of "bis" (in LOBUS variant) armed with RS-2US missiles. Most of us wait for pure Phantom. You want a US Navy? It comes soon as you may read here. Wait , buy , enjoy.

Edited by 303_Kermit

1 hour ago, Bananabrai said:

As an interim I could imagine a solution like the A-4E mod, also has no launch bar and is still able to be launched.

Great idea. For the people who want to pretend DCS is another game entirely, let the game modification people handle it. Heatblur shouldn't waste time on frivolous unrealistic "features" when the true naval version will be worked on immediately after the land-based version as has been previously stated in this very thread. Those who know about naval Phantoms know that the changes required are more than just invisible hookups to the catapult. The Phantom has to maintain a critical angle of attack to achieve a proper flyaway attitude. The F-4E cannot extend its nose strut and therefor will have difficulty achieving flyaway attitude before hitting the water without excessive wind over deck. If you have to do excessive wind over deck you might as well put it at 190kts in the mission editor and lift off vertically. I doubt Heatblur would want to mar their reputation with unrealistic capabilities built into their modules in any case.

32a2c95b5938d847b68c4e40ecdf0860.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"