How many bombers should you realistically be able to shoot down?

Hog_driver

13 minutes ago, DB 605 said:

To be honest it must be one of the worst aviation movie ever done 😁

agreed though it was not really supposed to be an aviation movie. 😉 most people would never know the capabilities of airplanes. many others had no idea of this unit and its members.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

1 minute ago, silverdevil said:

agreed though it was not really supposed to be an aviation movie. 😉 most people would never know the capabilities of airplanes. many others had no idea of this unit and its members.

All right, but it wouldn't hurt to show some realistic action. This is what bothers me about some "aviation" movies, including "Top Gun". If you are lucky enough to use real planes, why don't you show some realistic actions?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hog_driver said:

All right, but it wouldn't hurt to show some realistic action. This is what bothers me about some "aviation" movies, including "Top Gun". If you are lucky enough to use real planes, why don't you show some realistic actions?

i am with you. what i hate is watching documentaries and seeing video of planes, ships, tanks that are from a different era. i recently saw a documentary that showed B29 flying and the narrator inferred it was a B17. grrr.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Hog_driver:

If you are lucky enough to use real planes, why don't you show some realistic actions?

In case of Top Gun, what would the movie goer see?

F-14 firing Phoenix Missiles against "MiG28s" and those exploding in 40 miles distance. /Movie.

Yay.

Movies are entertainment compressed into 2 hrs. You cannot portray realism. Realism is rather boring. In Fact, many veterans say the same about war.
Rather dull and boring. With few seconds of sheer terror sprinkled in between.

It´s like Rambo4. If youve seen the trailer, youve seen the whole movie..

Just now, Doughguy said:

In case of Top Gun, what would the movie goer see?

F-14 firing Phoenix Missiles against "MiG28s" and those exploding in 40 miles distance. /Movie.

Show a close-up of the exploding MiG.

I agree that some compromises have to be made, that's reasonable.

But why fly under the hard deck for "just" 3 seconds? 🙂

TOP GUN aren't war movies, they are action movies,  80s style action movies, they are Die Hard but with planes.

Red Tails is just Star Wars with a ww2 theme.

I would love a more realistic portrayal of ww2 aerial combat.

I wonder if they'll be some good fighter on fighter action in the Hanks/Spielberg produced bomber TV show (if anyone gets to watch it,since it's on apple tv) 

I'd also like a well made remake/new movie about battle of britain. 

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

36 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

TOP GUN aren't war movies, they are action movies,  80s style action movies, they are Die Hard but with planes.

Red Tails is just Star Wars with a ww2 theme.

I would love a more realistic portrayal of ww2 aerial combat.

I wonder if they'll be some good fighter on fighter action in the Hanks/Spielberg produced bomber TV show (if anyone gets to watch it,since it's on apple tv) 

I have high hopes for "Masters of the air" series. We'll see...

Would also love to see some realistic ww2 fighter movie..."Dark blue world " got some nicely done flight scenes, "Devotion" looks okayish too based on trailer altought not ww2 but korean war.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 minutes ago, DB 605 said:

I have high hopes for "Masters of the air" series. We'll see...

Would also love to see some realistic ww2 fighter movie..."Dark blue world " got some nicely done flight scenes, "Devotion" looks okayish too based on trailer altought not ww2 but korean war.

I've been waiting for that one, sadly vet bills, covid and wife's work seem to conspire so I can't see it in the theater (it's only showed for half a week here I live.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 4:12 PM, Gunfreak said:

Ridley Scott is supposed to be working on a BoB film, although it seems to have been talked about for around 10 years…

Edited by Mogster
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mogster said:

Ridley Scott is supposed to be working on a BoB film, although it seems to have been talked about for around 10 years…

Took like 20+ years for him to get around his Napoleon film.

Not that I care that much. Scott seems to have lost his mojo. So I don't think his Napoleon film will be test great and I would assume the same would go for any Bob film he makes.(will probably look good tho)