funnel maneuver

SUHANG

Simple.  You just have to get close to an APC / Tank etc.  Fly in as fast as you can, while maintaining as much cover as you can get.  Get within a few meters of it.  Make sure your rockets are ready to fire.  Now, fly sideways as you fire at the tank, circling around the tank as you keep your nose pointed at it.  The idea is to spin around the tank with your nose pointed at it, faster than he can turn his turret to fire at you.  Doing this, you can punch hard at him with 80mm rockets (at least, that is my preferred weapon for this maneuver ).

Of course, the best time to do this maneuver is when the tank is distracted by other tanks / aircraft, and doesn't see you coming.

• 2 weeks later...

problem is when I pointing my nose to the target, the aircraft is  inevitably accelerating。And the key is how to fly sideway? is it just push the stick left or right? Shall I also siwtch the peddle on the opposite side of the sideway flying?

It does accelerate forward, but if you time it right and move sideways fast enough it'll work out. The force towards the center of the circle (or the target) gets offset by your momentum while turning. If you are too slow on the sideways motion you don't have the benefit of the tank being unable to fire at you (at least with the main armament) and you also will be struggling to keep a reasonable distance.

• 2 weeks later...

So, by saying sideway movement, what shall I do? First I need to fly toward to the target, then I push the stick left or right (at the same time push the stick to make the nose pointing to the target)to make the sideway flight happen? Shall I push the rudder? 

Yes. If u fly to the right u need to push the left rudder . If u fly left, push right rudder…

to practice, look for a big building and circle around … when you come used to it , try a flat building and try to push the nose downwards to keep it in the hud . 

practise is the key. There is no stick and rudder position to make the shark the funnel alone. You need to always adjust the stick and the rudder . Start slowly.

• Like 2