The most annoying controls bug ever in 2.8

The most annoying bug in DCS right now is when you are trying to map a module and you go in the controls menu it does not default to the plane you are trying to bind, this happens for me on heaps of modules and for some reason it defaults to the Apache Pilot setup.

I have just cleared my whole Apache setup with this bug as I was in the Yak52 trying to bind it and cleared all binds before I realized I was sitting in the AH64 binding menu not the Yak52, only yesterday I had finished binding my Apache with my new Total Controls MFDS and now I have to start again.

So annoying and only seems to have been introduced since 2.8

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hotdognz said:

The most annoying bug in DCS right now is when you are trying to map a module and you go in the controls menu it does not default to the plane you are trying to bind, this happens for me on heaps of modules and for some reason it defaults to the Apache Pilot setup.

I have just cleared my whole Apache setup with this bug as I was in the Yak52 trying to bind it and cleared all binds before I realized I was sitting in the AH64 binding menu not the Yak52, only yesterday I had finished binding my Apache with my new Total Controls MFDS and now I have to start again.

So annoying and only seems to have been introduced since 2.8

dang that sucks. i think how it works, at least for me, is it always goes to the last edited AC. get the Witching utility. it has a button that makes a zip of the config folder for going back to it.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

4 hours ago, silverdevil said:

dang that sucks. i think how it works, at least for me, is it always goes to the last edited AC. get the Witching utility. it has a button that makes a zip of the config folder for going back to it.

I think it depends on where you access the controls from.

From the main menu - then I could accept it going to the last aircraft that you were editing.

But from within the game, when you're in an aircraft - it has always for me defaulted to the aircraft I am flying. (Exception being the Apache - where if I'm in the CPG seat - it will default to the Apache - Pilot Flying settings instead of the Apache - CPG settings").

This is a nasty "gotcha" if this has changed. Thanks @Hotdognzfor the heads up on this one!

I also have this issue but I have done some diagnosis. 

Once I join an MP server any aircraft I am in (not the AH-64) and if I select the controller assignment screen it defaults to the aircraft I am in.

Once I have been in the AH-64 it then doesn't matter what aircraft I jump into, the controller assignment screen is stuck in the AH-64!  It is as if the AH-64 hijacks that screen.

I have run a full repair (the long one) and that has not resolved the issue.

I have also tried it jumping from various SP instant action scenarios and as soon as I do anything with the AH-64 the control assignment screen is locked to the AH-64 regardless of what I jump in after it.

It appears the only thing that un-sticks the control assignment screen after the AH-64 is a DCS restart.

This has the potential to be an excessively annoying bug!

• Like 1

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

5 hours ago, Specter said:

I also have this issue but I have done some diagnosis. 

Once I join an MP server any aircraft I am in (not the AH-64) and if I select the controller assignment screen it defaults to the aircraft I am in.

Once I have been in the AH-64 it then doesn't matter what aircraft I jump into, the controller assignment screen is stuck in the AH-64!  It is as if the AH-64 hijacks that screen.

I have also tried it jumping from various SP instant action scenarios and as soon as I do anything with the AH-64 the control assignment screen is locked to the AH-64 regardless of what I jump in after it.

It appears the only thing that un-sticks the control assignment screen after the AH-64 is a DCS restart.

second this ^ 

On 11/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, Specter said:

This issue was reported internally a few weeks ago. It's also affecting SP.

I'll bump the report because this is pretty annoying, that's true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

This issue was reported internally a few weeks ago. It's also affecting SP.

I'll bump the report because this is pretty annoying, that's true.

Top man.

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

• 4 weeks later...