Cannot change view

lesthegrngo

Hi All, I have the DCS Camera Control Reference Sheet, which tells me that F1 gives the cockpit view, F2 the external view etc, however none of these F keys work. I have not assigned the F keys to anything else, so am confused as to how to get the camera views to change now.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Les 

8 minutes ago, lesthegrngo said:

Hi All, I have the DCS Camera Control Reference Sheet, which tells me that F1 gives the cockpit view, F2 the external view etc, however none of these F keys work. I have not assigned the F keys to anything else, so am confused as to how to get the camera views to change now.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Les 

Hi.

The first thing I can imagine is to check that they are correctly bound to  the function itself. Check the options tab/controls for that.

Other thing is to make sure there is no "modifiers" o "interruptors" set.

Last one, do a repair or a "file integrity" if on Steam.

Saludos.

Sca111

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2022 at 12:30 AM, Sacarino111 said:

Hi.

The first thing I can imagine is to check that they are correctly bound to  the function itself. Check the options tab/controls for that.

Other thing is to make sure there is no "modifiers" o "interruptors" set.

Last one, do a repair or a "file integrity" if on Steam.

Saludos.

Sca111

What if you are not on the stand alone? I am having the same issues with watching the tracks. The F keys are not bonded to anything else. 

Edited by JAH09

21 minutes ago, JAH09 said:

What if you are not on the stand alone? I am having the same issues with watching the tracks. The F keys are not bonded to anything else. 

Mission creators and, I think, multiplayer servers can restrict the use of external views so that only the cockpit view is available. If that’s the case, you won’t have external views available in the TRK file, unless you edit it to enable them.

Or you could try opening the TRK file in the Mission Editor, enabling external views, and saving it. I’ve never tried the Mission Editor approach myself but I think it should work.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.