need tutorial for flying front seat and firing weapons Apache

Ramstein

need tutorial for flying front seat and firing weapons Apache. I see the Youtube videos, some of which are good. But often I don't see (hard to see) some actual button and key presses. I can fly the helo from the front seat, but tracking and locking and firing are not so easy. I also use VR, which maybe part of the issue, I am not sure. Any checklist, or the best source of help? Thanx

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• ED Team
1 hour ago, Ramstein said:

need tutorial for flying front seat and firing weapons Apache.

Any checklist, or the best source of help?

The included manual has some abbreviated checklists for cockpit tasks in Appendix A toward the back, as well as more detailed instructions outlining each switch/button press for employing each weapon system in the Combat Employment chapter.

While it doesn't have an arrow pointing to every button or switch that needs to be pressed, it does explicitly explain what they are along with images of the applicable MPD settings and the TADS/IHADSS symbology that should be seen.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

I added keys to not only my Warthog, but also an Xbox controller. On the warthog I did a 2nd layer with the 14+** keys to add more buttons, and think the helo does not like adding the 2nd function keys. I am going to try to remove those, some on TEDACS. They don't work as advertised with the Warthog.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

• 1 month later...

been a long time, often the switches and buttons were not told of being momentary or toggle, or on off. I am finding out on my own in some cases. Also, some of the functions do not like being both setup on the Xbox pad and the Joystick at the same time. There are a few more notes and instructions out a few months later. I suppose some of my questions have been sorted.

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI