VR fades to grey for 5 secs then comes back.

Elphaba

Sounds like cable issue. They aren't keen on bending and flexing.

If you're lucky, then maybe the connection is backing out where it enter the headset.

Since my first went out, I've made a habit of never folding it open to put on or remove it.

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

if you guys are using Steam and Steam VR got into the Steam VR options and look for where it will Fade to grid on app pause.. 

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pheonix0869 said:

This has happened to me, G2 user as well. I think a windows update added a similar function as steam. Check you wmr settings for something about tracking data lost. Not sure how dcs could effect the tracking of the headset, so I assumed it was our overlords at Microsoft. 

I've had it happen to me as well, but I'm a G1 user. I had the feeling it may be related to tracking of the headset as well, as it tends to happen when I look down and behind me where  there are less references.  I'm not on steam however (I use Open XR)