F-111 Pig (Aardvark), can it be the next HB project ?

Raviar

3 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

I actually wonder which variant they were looking at. JA-37 is one thing, but they were upgraded in the 90s and served to 2005. There might've been something about the avionics, particularly upgraded ones, that was sensitive. Well, either that or Skyflash integration, the Brits are notoriously unwilling to release details of their tech.

Yes, i'm curious as well. Maybe original Cold War JA-37 variant is in Heatblur's reach? I would be interested in 1980s original AJ-37 with Skyflash, RB 24 and gun anyway, when it was still relevant and dangerous fighter and Soviet threat still existed. Not some modern AMRAAM truck when it was badly outdated and mostly replaced by Gripens.

I would like to shoot some fighters with this JA-37 ridiculously powerfull Oerlikon KCA 30mm gun, firing GAU-8 Avenger cardridge, dwarfing Soviet GSh-30-1 or European ADEN and DEFA cardridges. When in AMRAAM era scenarios i usually set any aircraft gun ammo to 0, just to be lighter, as chance to use it is basically 0% anyway.

Akan_M75.jpg

Edited by bies

5 hours ago, Temetre said:

If I understand correclty, then Heatblur actually bought up TrueGrit. So Id expect the EF development to be more integrated, and HB is putting its name on that plane (and its reputation on the line). Also probably gonna be integrated into HBs development frameworks theyve set up with the F-4.

Interesting to hear that about the Fighter Viggen tho, that explains a few things. I wonder how long that denial is ago tho. With the F18/F16/F15E, let alone EF, the required standards must've changed, they mustve gotten more confident in modern modules based on limited documentation? Maybe HB could make a fighter variant these days. Tho they seem to have their hands full, with F-14 not finished, F-4 incoming, EF2000 in works. Now they even announced an A6 intruder. And of course even the JA Viggen still being EA.

Now my mind is working tho... what if Heatblur made an F-14D and JA Viggen as buyable addons or so? 😄

Afaik HB just merged with True Grit as partnership. Do you have other info?

A-6 is not at all new announcement - it was revealed even before EF and F-4 a few years ago.

F-14D is welcome but currently impossible to be modeled (no docs).

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Off topic, but since so many continue to bring it up:

Q: How is development of the Eurofighter split between TrueGrit and Heatblur?

A: The Eurofighter will be developed and published by Heatblur, and co-developed by TrueGrit through the addition of subject matter expertise, development support and technical resources. TrueGrit will continue to hold and manage the license agreement with Eagle Dynamics as well as other parties and trademark owners.

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Am 27.5.2023 um 23:16 schrieb draconus:

Afaik HB just merged with True Grit as partnership. Do you have other info?

No, just the langauge sounded that way? Like "merge" implies TrueGrit becomes part of Heatblur company. How HB talked about TrueGrit becoming part of their team. But maybe its just a temporary partnership, who knows.

Am 27.5.2023 um 23:16 schrieb draconus:

A-6 is not at all new announcement - it was revealed even before EF and F-4 a few years ago.

F-14D is welcome but currently impossible to be modeled (no docs).

Yeah fair, A-6 stuff has been flying around for a while.  With the F-14D, well see. At some point an F-18 seemed unthinkable. Then the in-service F-15E. I wouldnt get my hopes up for no reason, but never say never^^

Edited by Temetre

LOL the answer was closer than expected, just above the cited QA thing:

Zitat

Q: Did Heatblur Simulations and True Grit Virtual Technologies merge?

A: TrueGrit is now part of the Heatblur Simulations family, and Heatblur will rely on TrueGrit as a core part of our team to bring the Eurofighter to life. Such a wonderful group of people will elevate us all in areas beyond just the Eurofighter: in expertise, vision, character, and we’re excited for this new evolution of our team and company. Specifically for the Eurofighter it was the logical step for both sides: each bringing a field of expertise that will let us take on the challenge together. And a modern, in-service, complex fighter aircraft certainly does bring an additional challenge to the development process. We are so excited to call such wonderful people our friends and team!

Call me crazy, but that does sounds a lot like TrueGrit is part of Heatblur now 😄 

On 5/27/2023 at 7:04 PM, Temetre said:

Now they even announced an A6 intruder. And of course even the JA Viggen still being EA.

Now my mind is working tho... what if Heatblur made an F-14D and JA Viggen as buyable addons or so?

A-6 was the first of the new Heatblur modules to be announced actually, around 2-3 years ago now I think, but already back then HB said that there will be other releases from them before the DCS: A-6. Those other modules revealed in time to be the F-4E and the Eurofighter.

F-14D and JA 37 are firmly on the "nope, ain't happening" territory so far from HB's responses but I suppose "never say never" etc.

Personally two things I'd love seeing from HB after their currently in dev modules are:

- Some version of J 35 Draken, oh yes the Draken

- F-111 of some description

I'd also love to see something Soviet from them if possible, but I kinda doubt it.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

6 hours ago, Temetre said:

Call me crazy, but that does sounds a lot like TrueGrit is part of Heatblur now 😄

Yeah, they merged but I remind you started with "If I understand correclty, then Heatblur actually bought up TrueGrit".

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

vor 17 Minuten schrieb draconus:

Yeah, they merged but I remind you started with "If I understand correclty, then Heatblur actually bought up TrueGrit".

I mean, thats usually how it goes, when when company proceeds to own another, its becaues it got bought up.