AH-64 windows are blurring the graphics

Moxica
Go to solution Solved by Tepnox,

I was trying to get rid of the incredibly annoying shimmering clouds yesterday, and changed a lot of settings to no avail.
Today, looking through the glass windows (esp. the double glass straigh ahead from pilot seat) it is so bad, it looks like an over compressed jpg picture.
It has the signs of a typical jpg anomaly when manipulated to much.
I have tried to repair the setting, but nothing helps.
I have reset the Nvidia control panel settings. Tried every setting in DCS/options. 
Anyone have an idea how I can get back my sharp settings?

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• Solution

I assume you play in VR with the Quest 2 via Link Cable? What setting for the encoding bitrate do you use (Oculus Tray Tool or Oculus Debug Tool)?

There are some edge-case scenarios where compression via Oculus Link is lightly visible in DCS.

I think the standard encode bitrate is 250-300 Mbits via Link Cable and only 150 Mbits via Air Link or Virtual Desktop.

I play on Quest Pro with Link Cable and setting the encode bitrate to 500 Mbits and disabling dynamic bitrate got nearly rid of any compression artefacts (this applies to Quest 2 too). The overall image still gets compressed that is in the nature of the USB-C connection (sadly).

Currently I am using these Quest Link Settings via Oculus Tray Tool - maybe you want to try some settings for yourself:

image.png

Edited by Tepnox
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D // 64 GB RAM // RTX 4090 // Quest Pro // Quest 3

Thx, Tepnox. I am using air link, but you are right.
I somehow had lowered the bitrate for the wifi in Oculus software.
That lead to the compression, and the windows views suffered the most.
Specially when looking through two layers of glass. (AH64 pilot seat, and through any HUD)

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar