Mission 5 - Exterior Lights OFF

Go to solution Solved by pokeraccio,

Hey there,

I'm trying to complete mission 5, but for some reason my exterior lights (formation, strobe and position) are not working. Since the lights are off, I failed the mission when Knight asked me to turn them on while intercepting the MARAUDER.

As you can see in the images below, the exterior lights are off. Am I missing something? I'm not sure if it is a bug, but I've tested the lights in another mission, and they are working fine. It is very likely that I'm not setting up the Hornet correctly, but I'm really not sure what I should be doing differently.

3GPrac6ocbx8TM7a2UtThzfukIzQUR7_eHVTRJvR

AFjkgJYX4t384CEJGHgxcMhayQNNaOYSj8r5grDl

• Solution
9 hours ago, Rafael Coelho said:

Hey there,

I'm trying to complete mission 5, but for some reason my exterior lights (formation, strobe and position) are not working. Since the lights are off, I failed the mission when Knight asked me to turn them on while intercepting the MARAUDER.

As you can see in the images below, the exterior lights are off. Am I missing something? I'm not sure if it is a bug, but I've tested the lights in another mission, and they are working fine. It is very likely that I'm not setting up the Hornet correctly, but I'm really not sure what I should be doing differently.

3GPrac6ocbx8TM7a2UtThzfukIzQUR7_eHVTRJvR

AFjkgJYX4t384CEJGHgxcMhayQNNaOYSj8r5grDl

Be sure you have bind the light switch on the left throttle (called pinky switch), this is your switch to turn ON / OFF F18 Lights.

F18-EXT Light Switch.jpg

Edited by pokeraccio
pic
  • Like 1

To be honest, I have no idea what could be wrong or even how that could be linked to a mission in any way... except for the mission reading certain argument number, which should be exactly for the Exterior Lights Switch. I will have a look, but this is weird - and you say that the lights do not turn on and off in your aircraft at all? Or the mission does not register them being on or off, but in the sim they change their status (so are ON or OFF and this is visible)?

UPDATE: solved. Apparently when you start hot, your lights don't work - and I previously forgot to revert player to cold start. Fixed and it should be fine now. 

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

10 hours ago, Rafael Coelho said:

Thank you @pokeraccio. It worked! I was unaware of the "Exterior Light Switch".

@baltic_dragon, the exterior lights were off in the simulator, given that the @pokeraccio solution worked. I was not aware of the existence of the exterior light switch. Thanks for answering anyway.

👍 you're welcome

• 3 months later...

Just a note here that it seems the Position Lights must be on to trigger mission progress.

I toggled the exterior lights but had forgotten to put position lights on. Only after turning those on did the mission progress. Strobe and Formation lights were not enough.

Edited by DimSim