Manual entry of autopilot altitude?

DaveSD
Go to solution Solved by rob10,

8 hours ago, amalahama said:

It's a fighter plane, not a 737

Best regards

If I'd asked if it was possible to manually enter a heading, would you have said "It's a 737, not a fighter plane?"

I don't think my question was unreasonable, but I do think your answer was.

Best regards

Edited by DaveSD
  • Like 6

10小时前,DaveSD说:

If I'd asked if it was possible to manually enter a heading, would you have said "It's a 737, not a fighter plane?"

I don't think my question was unreasonable, but I do think your answer was.

Best regards

I remember that 18E in mfs2020 seems to have relevant settings of cruise altitude in the UFC panel.

But at that time, I was trying to teach a friend who had never flown a plane with the knowledge of 18C. So I didn't go deep into it.

Anyway, the 18C in DCS didn't have such ability

• Like 1

Yes I remember that too but the 'Acceleration Pack' F-18 was far from a study simulation of the aircraft (the features you allude to were very much standard MSFS autopilot fare) and its not a feature i've ever seen in any serious reproduction of an F-18 (DCS or the VRS F-18E in MSFS).

• Like 1

It's a thing on the Mirage, but it has a very advanced autopilot system complete with a runway approach mode. All in all, the autopilot on US jets tends to be a little bare-bones, basically just a heading and altitude hold. Navy jets have ACLS and autothrottle, but that's pretty much only so that they can automatically land on a carrier.