TV/DVO/FLIR 3-positions button

vctpil

Hi,

I don't make a mistake, the DVO function does not apply to the AH-64D version. However the button on the LHG have 3 positions.

Just to use it logically with the boat switch of the HOTAS WARTHOG, is it possible to have a 3-position biding for this button?

Thanks,

Vincent

Intel® Core III Xeon Duo CPU E8600 @ 3.33GHz - 4 Mo RAM - GeForce 1080TI - Monitor DELL E190S - SB Audigy - HOTAS Warthog

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, vctpil said:

yes, but you cannot set TV on the center position of the boat switch.

I must have misunderstood you, I'm not sure what you are requesting.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

36 minutes ago, vctpil said:

yes, but you cannot set TV on the center position of the boat switch.

This may be a limitation of your boat switch.  If the center position of your switch is the OFF position, then you can't map a function to it.

This is often designated on a 3-way rocker switch like: ON-OFF-ON, where the center position is not sending a signal you can use. 

You would need a boat switch that sends a signal when switched to the middle position, often designated ON-ON-ON, where each of the three positions is making a separate contact.

In the F/A-18C, the flap have three position, but only up and down are recognized. The center, the switch in the cockpit center as well. So, it should be possible in the AH-64D. And definitely not a limitation.

Image1.png

Intel® Core III Xeon Duo CPU E8600 @ 3.33GHz - 4 Mo RAM - GeForce 1080TI - Monitor DELL E190S - SB Audigy - HOTAS Warthog

• ED Team

So you're asking for special keybinds that holds the 3-position switch in the Up/FLIR position as long as a key command is constantly being sent for that position from a joystick input, and accordingly does the same for the Down/DVO position, but then returns the switch to the Center/DTV position if neither of those other two positions are being continuously pressed?

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

1 hour ago, Raptor9 said:

So you're asking for special keybinds that holds the 3-position switch in the Up/FLIR position as long as a key command is constantly being sent for that position from a joystick input, and accordingly does the same for the Down/DVO position, but then returns the switch to the Center/DTV position if neither of those other two positions are being continuously pressed?

Yes, if it is possible. And I know that will not be in the top of priority list.

Wow, thanks a lot for this video, I didn't know it was possible.

That exactly what I was looking for. Just tested quickly, and it work exactly as I want.

This is a really cool feature, but has some "performance" issue and noticeable difference compared to other modules where you have the dedicated "button, else off" logic in place.
Check the following thread below or just watch the video:

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!