Cold vehicles right after mission start - No IR signature

Rosly

Hi. The "Cold at start" boolean from the mission editor is not usable yet. It's as WIP as can be: the checkbox is ready but theres nothing behind it. It will come, of course, but not quite yet.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 month later...

I have a question regarding the use of Mavericks and acquiring targets using the MFPD. I use the TGP while searching for targets and when I locate one and switch to my Maverick side MFPD, I cannot see the targets until I am very close and almost to the point where it is impossible to lock on and strike the target. I end up over shooting and missing the target completely. I use VR (HTC Vive Pro) and I use to be able to see targets clearly, but now I cannot even hardly see the targets. Has anyone else had this problem in VR or know what I can do to fix it?  

• ED Team

Please include a track replay example showing the issue. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hey. Thank you for tracking this. Just want to stress out how important this bug is for user experience.

All A-G missions which base on spotting ground units that are stationary is almost impossible to complete.
As example whole Enemy Within 3 for A-10 campaigning lose a lot of fun from fact you cannot spot units, even destroying them they are essential elements of the mission.

For A-10 and F-16 both TGP and Maverick use is almost impossible. Especially if units are in urban areas with a lot of hot objects in the view. Those units are completely black which not only breaks immersion but makes targeting almost impossible. It is in fact required to use TV view to complete the mission objectives.

• Like 2

@BIGNEWY The only way this works like it is suppose to is against static targets. I tried this both in regular and VR mode. Any targets I have set that are active threats will not show up no matter if they move or not, at least for me anyway. I can sometimes see them with the TGP set to TV mode, and if the target is set on a clear open field with no vegetation. I also tested this on the PG Map and I cannot see anything no matter what the TGP is set to unless they are static targets.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What is the status on this?

Using IR Mavericks on Viper is a pain... targets simply are not hot or distinguishable from the surroundings...

Also TGP WHOT/BHOT don't seem to pop up targets at all (armor, tanks)...

In old A-10C times this worked really nice... then targets would somehow be a little jiggly against the background... it was a little cheat mode but worked... 😅

Am I doing something wrong?

:wallbash:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like it went into this last OpenBeta version... although not mentioned in changelog...
I got definitively better moving vehicle distinction from background on IR Mavericks seeker picture in Viper...
:cheer3nc:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Didn't yet verified the fix, but I'm expecting that starting a mission ground units will have the engine termal signature clearly visible as if they would be in move just minute ago.
This is important for training missions which are usually started from hot plane in air.

The cooldown should not be shorter than say 15-20 min (as typical vehicles in thermal).