game crashing when selecting AV8B in multiplayer, logs have many other errors

firimar

We have experienced the same in Multiplayer (only in MP so far). Happened on a public server and on a private hosted mission. Crash only happened when spawning on a Boat though. Never happened when spawning on an Airfield (so far iirc).

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

It just happened to me as I was trying to reproduce the crash. Leading Edge server, spawned on a Tarawa at midnight -> CTD. I then tried to reproduce it once more, on my own server, but I couldn't. I then rejoined the server I had crashed on, and no more issue... I even tried rebooting DCS.

We need to find a way to reproduce this crash at will.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I too have noticed CTD when loading into a Harrier cockpit.  I never thought about it being an issue with specifically the Harrier though, so this is interesting.

Here's a testcase for devs to try:

1. Load DCS
  2. Replay
  3. Choose the attached .trk file
  4. Let mission load
  5. Allow 30 seconds to pass
  6. Harrier cockpit will attempt to load

Either you will crash to desktop, or the Harrier cockpit will load and the replay will simply end.  So far I've got a 52% average for crashing on the following:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvacig.inf_amd64_0d5f6a32b3b983c3\nvwgf2umx.dll

Georgia_At_War_v3.0.24_afternoon-20221121-210310.trk

9 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thanks @Tuuvas. I've just tried it 3 times in a row and I couldn't replicate the crash.

You'll need to try it at least 10 times to get a proper test with a 52% failure rate.  In my 40 tests, I've had up to 5 successful replays in a row before getting a crash.

Edited by Tuuvas

That's a weird bug, then. As if something would happen randomly in RAZBAM's code. I'll report this to them and attach your track. They'll tell us if they are able to reproduce.

Do you know if the crash happens when spawning on any other ship than the Tarawa?

4 minutes ago, Flappie said:

That's a weird bug, then. As if something would happen randomly in RAZBAM's code. I'll report this to them and attach your track. They'll tell us if they are able to reproduce.

They seem to already be aware of the issue, but also that it affects other modules like the A-10 and F-14.  See screen grab below:

image.png

I'm afraid the A-10C crash was very different (hard crash caused by TAD, not when spawning) and it was fixed a few days ago. The Tomcat freeze bug is different too: it's caused by AI units on their way back to the ship.

Edited by Flappie

17 minutes ago, Flappie said:

I'm afraid the A-10C crash was very different (hard crash caused by TAD, not when spawning) and it was fixed a few days ago. The Tomcat freeze bug is different too: it's caused by AI units on their way back to the ship.

Doh, oh well.  Then yeah it might be best to take the .trk and steps to RB's discord.  I can handle that since I've already posted once about it before.  Feel free to add your additional comments about the A-10 and F-14 issues so they know it's limited to the Harrier so far

4 минуты назад, Flappie сказал:

OK. Do you fly in SP as well? If so, did that happen in SP?

Since 2.8 I was flying in SP, but not often and only simple training missions like air refueling, case I etc. with airstart. There was no crashes in SP for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Thanks for your log files. THe issue is reported. We're not sure what causes this. RAZBAM says it's a GPU driver issue. So far, all users reporting this have an NVIDIA GPU, me included.

You can try updating your GPU driver and see if you keep getting crashes.

This is happening to the entire VMA-513 squad on a daily basis.  We fly the harrier exclusively, and every single one of us has this issue since the 2.8 update.  

The work-around that seems consistent, is to open DCS and load into a single player mission before joining a multiplayer server.  Once you do that, no more crash for that session.  But as soon as you close & reopen DCS and attempt to go directly to a multiplayer server and spawn in the harrier, it immediately crashes to desktop.

• Like 1