Change the weather and time in a replay

loscsaba86
Go to solution Solved by Ironhand,

1 hour ago, loscsaba86 said:

I would like to ask, if I can change the time and the weather in a saved replay file?
So I could make better screenshots even if the original flight had other weather conditions. 🙂

I have not really tried it, but it should be possible ... the procedure would be:

1) Make a backup of the track file, just in case.

2) Rename the track file to .MIZ

3) Open it on the Mission Editor as if it were a normal DCS mission, and change the weather conditions.

4) Save the mission.

5) On Windows, rename the mission back to .TRK

6) Try the result on DCS

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• Solution
1 hour ago, loscsaba86 said:

Hello Community,

I would like to ask, if I can change the time and the weather in a saved replay file?
So I could make better screenshots even if the original flight had other weather conditions. 🙂

Thank you for your answers in advance!

Best regards.
Csaba

Yes, you can. I do it frequently to change the time of day, cloud cover, add eye candy, or extra units.

While in the ME, use the Open File button. Change the file type to TRK. Locate and load the track file into the ME. Make your changes. Save the file. When saving, make sure that you have the type set to TRK. Otherwise it’ll be saved as a mission file.

Edited by Ironhand
  • Thanks 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.