View controls are not controlling the guns/gunners, and no reticle showing up

FupDuck
Go to solution Solved by FupDuck,

Hi there, I'm currently trialling the Huey, and when doing the training, I found I didn't have a reticle/sight show up on the windshield when the guy said it would. Also, when I switch to left pilot, I can activate the sight using M, but the view controls don't move it. Same thing happens when I'm controlling the gunners. View hat does nothing.

In F2 mode and other exterior views, my view controls (8 way hat on HOTAS) work fine, so I know they are bound correctly. Also, I'm able to fire the guns no problem. 

Am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks! 

Edit: I'm playing in VR, in case that makes a difference

Edited by FupDuck

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

• Solution

Thanks very much. I ended up figuring out that if you hit Rshift+T, the gunsight for the left pilot and gunners just follows my head in VR. So that's solved. I also figured out that the gunsight for the right pilot is just hanging from the ceiling of the cabin, so I was able to just click on it and get it to come down. Gunsight for the right pilot turns on as described in the post before this one.

So it all works now! I knew I had to be doing something wrong! 😀

8 hours ago, DishDoggie said:

I let my AI gunners do all the work for me other then rockets.

HUEY sight.jpg

New question: how do you get your door gunners to engage enemies? I was looking in the comms menu, but it doesn't seem to be there.

Edited by FupDuck
Typos and details
  • Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

On 12/3/2022 at 12:50 PM, FupDuck said:

New question: how do you get your door gunners to engage enemies? I was looking in the comms menu, but it doesn't seem to be there.

In order to the Co-Pilot/Gunner or the Door Gunners engage targets you need to open the Gunners AI Panel by pressing Lwn+H. Also, all the commands necessary to issue orders are under Gunners AI Panel on the command list. And in the manual, page 110, it shows how the Artificial Intelligence works.

• Thanks 1

This is an amazing sim! 'Nuff said!:pilotfly:

YouTube: SloppyDog