What is the Most Reliable Way to Record Tracks For F-16 By Now(2022.12)?

brucewhf
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I know DCS track file has been corrupted for years. Since DCS 2.8 has been released, I hope there are some improvements come with game recording.

As far as I know, we have several ways to record game play:

- Save tracks in single player mode

- Play in multiplayer mode but use tracks generated by client

- Play in multiplayer mode but use tracks generated by server

- Play in multiplayer mode but use tracks generated by standalone(dedicated) server

- Play in multiplayer mode but use tracks generated by standalone client

Which one is better?

Edited by brucewhf

• ED Team
  • Solution

The track replay system was created a long time a go and was intended for debug purposes, DCS has evolved a lot in the 10+ years since and we need a new system, but it is a huge task and currently we have a busy schedule. Change is planned for the future but we do not know when. 

If you want to use track replays successfully, keep them as short as possible, single player is better, do not use unofficial mods or edits, and script free is better, using only the units you need to reproduce the issue or scenario.

Thanks

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I think a lot would actually improve if we could ditch the 'all or nothing' of it and record shorter tracks on demand. That would probably give us a second of stuttering because the track would need to write down all the initial positions and conditions, but a track of five minutes usually works okay and would be easier to handle. But then, maybe that isn't so easy either.

• Like 1