Controls work fine in training but no other scenario?

NoPinky
Go to solution Solved by rob10,

I have this strange issue, when I do a training mission, all my controls work fine, I go to any other mission, same controls (confirmed by checking them, have saved them in training, and loaded before starting) and like half the controls just don't work.

My ZOOM on the top of the throttle control now turns my head left and right (even though the control is set to zoom, and does not show as being double mapped if I clear it and remap), this is happens in any mission other than training. 

In a cold start RSHIFT+HOME and RALT+HOME don't work so I am unable to bring my throttles up. Auto-start also doesn't work, in any cold start mission other than the training.  

Many keyboard, HOTAS controls just don't work as they are mapped.  Even if I go into the control options, pressing that button will bring me to the correct control, but go back to the game and it just doesn't work. 

ANY help would be great. Thanks.

p.s. I have tried different USB ports/hubs, changed the axis controls in game and in the logitech software, it makes no difference. Also make no difference which plane I am in. 

X-56 Hotas (no pedals, yet), but the keyboard controls don't Not a PC issue, usually running 80+fps

Does it happen with every module?

What you could try:

- detach all controllers except keyboard & mouse)

- select the controls for a specific module (where you do not have much specific settings)

- clear all (select the module in the list)

- set keyboard & mouse back to default (check both non-axis and axis screens)

- try module with just keyboard

- if that works, start connecting controllers one by one.

• Like 1

Check that you have them bound in SIM mode (if that's what you're flying outside training).  Likely you have them bound in "game" or "easy" mode which may work in training, but not in the module (unless you have "Game flight mode" and "Game avionics mode" selected in the GAMEPLAY tab in settings.  At the top of the CONTROLS binding page check which aircraft you're assigning them for and if it's "sim" or "game/easy".

Also realize that you have to bind things independently for each aircraft, and when you start DCS may spam the default bindings across columns and cause you issues (ie joystick pitch may get spammed across joystick, pedals, throttle) so check and remove unwanted bindings if you have weird stuff going on.

Edited by rob10

4 hours ago, hsth said:

Does it happen with every module?

What you could try:

- detach all controllers except keyboard & mouse)

- select the controls for a specific module (where you do not have much specific settings)

- clear all (select the module in the list)

- set keyboard & mouse back to default (check both non-axis and axis screens)

- try module with just keyboard

- if that works, start connecting controllers one by one.

Ill try this tonight.

2 hours ago, rob10 said:

Check that you have them bound in SIM mode (if that's what you're flying outside training).  Likely you have them bound in "game" or "easy" mode which may work in training, but not in the module (unless you have "Game flight mode" and "Game avionics mode" selected in the GAMEPLAY tab in settings.  At the top of the CONTROLS binding page check which aircraft you're assigning them for and if it's "sim" or "game/easy".

Also realize that you have to bind things independently for each aircraft, and when you start DCS may spam the default bindings across columns and cause you issues (ie joystick pitch may get spammed across joystick, pedals, throttle) so check and remove unwanted bindings if you have weird stuff going on.

Yea, it was the first thing I checked. Also saved it under the test (sim) and reloaded it ingame (also on sim) and it was still f'd.  And its odd that its not just the x56, but all input controllers (I have a Razor Gamepad connected). 

So I did try disconnecting all peripherals, and it still doesn't work. 

The thing is, like I have mentioned, as I am sitting there in the cockpit hitting buttons that are not working, I hit ESC, Adjust Controls, Hit the same button and it is correctly mapped to the action I am trying to use. I can even clear it, remap it, and its not double mapped, still wont work. 

I just uninstalled, I ll try to reinstall but this doesn't seem like a corrupted file issue. 

• Solution

So just to double check, you've saved your bindings in SIM, so in that case did you check in your settings and make sure you have UNCHECKED "Game avionics" and "Game flight mode".  Apologies if you already have checked this, but it's the other typical related thing that catches people out with this type of issue (and sometimes people have had them get randomly turned back on when they don't remember messing with them).  If it's not that I don't have any more suggestions.

• Like 2

Don't know if you have checked it but did you do a "save profile" after changing a mapping and then opened the saved profile file in your Saved Games folder to see if it changed.

Best editor to use is Notepad++ to look into these files without corrupting them.

12 hours ago, rob10 said:

So just to double check, you've saved your bindings in SIM, so in that case did you check in your settings and make sure you have UNCHECKED "Game avionics" and "Game flight mode".  Apologies if you already have checked this, but it's the other typical related thing that catches people out with this type of issue (and sometimes people have had them get randomly turned back on when they don't remember messing with them).  If it's not that I don't have any more suggestions.

That was it.. thank you!!! 

"Game Avionics was checked" 

• Like 1