When firing hellfire, losing the missile counter to hit why ?

macedk

Did you as PLT shoot the hellfire or did you order George CPT/GR shooting?

Edited by corbu1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

1 hour ago, corbu1 said:

Did you as PLT shoot the hellfire or did you order George CPT/GR shooting?

Sorry for not stating that.
I'm in cp/g seat and George is flying 

Edited by macedk

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, admiki said:

If you are over 9000m you  will not get countdown.

Not sure if it's a bug or not.

Shooting within limits 🙂

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*I think* the Hellfire are bug, well, may be not the missile but the logic behind.
I had the same issue as you folks, no countdown and hit and on top of that, i had weird acting missiles lately.

EG : I shoot within limits, in HI mode with proper ACQ and LOBL, instead of going 600' (IIRC) the missile was ground skiming doing some weird popup oscillation till they hit something... Or simply get lost.

The "i think" part come from the weather, caucase winter, heavysnow with a small wind of few knots, it might have being enought to throw my hellfire off course i dont know.

I'm not providing a track yet since i figured that on a few hours long flight.

9 hours ago, flanker0ne said:

Which detent do you use for lasing?
Ranging or Designate

Not sure who this is addressed to, but it happens with the designation (2nd) detent held down for self-designate shots, and it also sometimes happens for remote shots with no designation. Either way whether or not the laser is firing shouldn't affect whether the countdown timer appears when you shoot a hellfire.

13 hours ago, Scaley said:

Not sure who this is addressed to, but it happens with the designation (2nd) detent held down for self-designate shots, and it also sometimes happens for remote shots with no designation. Either way whether or not the laser is firing shouldn't affect whether the countdown timer appears when you shoot a hellfire.

Yes it should. If you are shooting for someone else, computer has no idea how far target is and how long it will take to hit it. That's why there are tables for calculating TOF.

2 hours ago, admiki said:

Yes it should. If you are shooting for someone else, computer has no idea how far target is and how long it will take to hit it. That's why there are tables for calculating TOF.

There are more ranging sources than laser though. I'd imagine it would give the TOF until the current ranging whether or not that's where the missile is actually going.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

3 hours ago, Swift. said:

There are more ranging sources than laser though. I'd imagine it would give the TOF until the current ranging whether or not that's where the missile is actually going.

Yep, if you’re buddy lasing you’d ideally have a target store at the targets location. When this point is set as ACQ Source, it provides a NAV range that is used for TOF calculations. Works pretty well in the sim. 

This can of course mean that the TOF counter can be misleading if you’re shooting a MSL at a illuminated target somewhat displaced from the selected NAV Acq source (or any last entered range). 

7 hours ago, admiki said:

If you are employing in LOAL you should have a NAV range up, which should drive a countdown timer. If you engage without an alternate range, and with remote designation, then you're correct there is no range (as always, caveat, DCS not IRL).