Game crash when trying to load into maps. Attached log.

Mjm8710

Help me solve this two year issue, please😀

I've been having this issue for about two years now...The only map that works is the base map. I have Steam version 2.5.6 (old computer, can't download newer version). Nevada and Persian Gulf use to work at one point. I briefly switched to standalone version then reverted back to Steam and have had issues since then. I have unbound/bound/unbound the licenses, and have run multiple integrity checks on Steam, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Can't solve. Can someone look at the latest log and see what's up? I have no idea what I am looking at. Thanks in advance.

Here's what happens..when I log into the mission editor and select the map, it gets frozen on the loading screen then get a message "something went wrong" and the game crashes to the desktop. Rinse and repeat every time. Also tried loading into missions..wont get past loading screen.

dcs.log

13 hours ago, Mjm8710 said:

Help me solve this two year issue, please😀

I've been having this issue for about two years now...The only map that works is the base map. I have Steam version 2.5.6 (old computer, can't download newer version). Nevada and Persian Gulf use to work at one point. I briefly switched to standalone version then reverted back to Steam and have had issues since then. I have unbound/bound/unbound the licenses, and have run multiple integrity checks on Steam, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Can't solve. Can someone look at the latest log and see what's up? I have no idea what I am looking at. Thanks in advance.

Here's what happens..when I log into the mission editor and select the map, it gets frozen on the loading screen then get a message "something went wrong" and the game crashes to the desktop. Rinse and repeat every time. Also tried loading into missions..wont get past loading screen.

dcs.log 59.84 kB · 3 downloads

this post looks similar. look at flappie's reply

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Thanks, I actually tried what was suggested in that thread and it still hasn’t fixed the issue..the only thing I can think of is those maps no longer are supported by the previous version since updating seems to fix the issue…which I am unable to do until I buy a better computer. Oh well, thanks for the help! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mjm8710 said:

Thanks, I actually tried what was suggested in that thread and it still hasn’t fixed the issue..the only thing I can think of is those maps no longer are supported by the previous version since updating seems to fix the issue…which I am unable to do until I buy a better computer. Oh well, thanks for the help! 

sorry to hear. your guess that the maps are no longer supported makes complete sense. although i do not know about Nevada, i do know that PG got updated for at least lighting improvements.

i know there are users that have pretty old systems and run it with some needed tweaks. in your DCS log it seems that the biggest challenges are no discrete video card and low ram.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 12/7/2022 at 9:20 AM, silverdevil said:

sorry to hear. your guess that the maps are no longer supported makes complete sense. although i do not know about Nevada, i do know that PG got updated for at least lighting improvements.

i know there are users that have pretty old systems and run it with some needed tweaks. in your DCS log it seems that the biggest challenges are no discrete video card and low ram.

Thanks again for reaching out to try to help. Not the end of the world, gives me more of a reason to get a new computer at some point. 

Cheers!

• Like 1