Missile Target location is wrong

Buzzkillington

The F-16 target model (where missiles are aimed) is set on the pilots head and not the airframe. This means that every hit is fatal to the pilot which appears different than other airframes. 

in multiplayer this means a nearly unsurvivable aircraft. My first clue was almost no ejections from f16 vs other platforms.

Edited by Buzzkillington
Spellin

• Buzzkillington changed the title to Missile Target location is wrong
  • ED Team

The F-16 pilot is in a very exposed position with a large canopy, the pilot is more vulnerable than other aircraft. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

But the rcs of a pilot is lower than the aircraft body so the missile wouldnt fly directly into your face.  Same for ir signature. If you watch an intercept the last thing you see is the mission flying directly to your eyeballs.  I was guessing there is an aim point for the model that’s set to the pilot vs the centroid. 

Edited by Buzzkillington

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Buzzkillington:

But the rcs of a pilot is lower than the aircraft body so the missile wouldnt fly directly into your face.  Same for ir signature. If you watch an intercept the last thing you see is the mission flying directly to your eyeballs.  I was guessing there is an aim point for the model that’s set to the pilot vs the centroid. 

Did you test the missile guides to the head thing yourself?

Only heard it as a commondly believed dcs  myth so far

On 12/4/2022 at 11:44 AM, Buzzkillington said:

This supposedly happens to every single aircraft in DCS. Including when being targeted by guns 

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg