have both Warthog and Xbox One pad want to both fly and use Weapons Apache front seat

have both Warthog and Xbox One pad want to both fly and use weapons in Apache front seat.. However, I have tried so hard to use both controls with the Apache. I watched video, I used the Xbox buttons setup info for it. I have tried both setting up controls for the flying from front seat and the weapons. I can fly from the front seat. I cannot get it to both lock the targets and then fire from the front seat. I can do all successfully from the backset. I really like have the Xbox one controller (USB). i watched so many videos and seen so many forum posts about settings. Is there an absolute printed instruction, step by step, without unnecessary info I can use? Oh yeah, I use VR. Thanx.

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• Ramstein changed the title to have both Warthog and Xbox One pad want to both fly and use Weapons Apache front seat

Are you looking for controls setup or just the general procedure? If procedure:

- Front seat: if piloting while using TADS, press C to take controls. Adjust force trim as necessary.
- When ready to operate weapons, use the sight select TADS function. IHADSS shifts to TADS feed.
- If you wish for TADS to follow your helmet sight: make sure to set acquisition source on the WPN page to GHS.
- If you have a different acquisition source you wish to use (waypoint, seeker, fixed, etc.) select this instead.
- When ACQ source selected, utilize the TEDAC controller Slave function. TADS will slave to selected acquisition source.
- When TADS is on target, press Slave again to unlock TADS from ACQ source. Manual tracker now becomes available.
- Utilize manual tracker function 4-way to search/find a target. If space stabilization is needed, fire a laser pulse (first or second trigger detent on LHG controller) and then press the LMC/Linear Motion Controller button. Bars appear on TADS crosshair extents.
- Manual tracker 4-way becomes a slew rate controller with LMC enabled, raw azimuth/elevation without.
- Keep crosshairs on target, use second detent to continuously fire laser.
- TEDAC LHG weapon selector for desired weapon: rocket, cannon, HELLFIRE.
- If weapon within constraints: RHG trigger first detent to fire; second detent to override performance inhibits.
- Release LHG trigger to turn off laser after engagement is complete.

Edited by NeedzWD40

I have controls setup, the procedure is what i want. I can also move controls to different devices. Thanx.. I will make this a copy, and add to the kneeboard

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

This is the mapping I'm using for the TEDAC. I needed to use Joystick Gremlin to split the single axis of the trigger and map that axis to two separate buttons. Then I used HID Hide to block Windows from recognizing the Xbox controller and I mapped all the controls using a virtual joystick.
I decided to swap the LRFD and the Weapon Trigger to what you see on this image. I found it easier to hold the trigger for the laser and move the Man Tracker stick to continually slew at the same time.

DCS Apache CPG Controls.png

This might come in handy when FCR is implemented, but Joystick Gremlin (JG) has a "Modes" function that sort of acts like a permanent "modifier" layer when activated. 

For example, you can have the button you use on your controller for selecting TADS as a Sight also put JG into "TADS Mode" and it can then map the D-pad and any other buttons to TADS-related stuff.  Then when you press the button on your controller to select FCR as a Sight, it can put JG into "FCR Mode" and it can map the same buttons on the controller to FCR-related functions. 

It basically takes the modifier aspect out of DCS mappings and is tracked in JG instead, and means you don't have to remember to hold the modifer button down or not, based on what sight you have selected.

Of course, if you select the sight using your mouse in the cockpit it won't track with it, but as long as you use the controller it will.

I also don't know yet if you would ever need to use functions to control the FCR when it isn't the active sight, or TADS, etc.  We shall see...

Edited by Floyd1212