Mission 7, Infantry destroys my F-15 during startup

sthompson

On mission 7, running DCS openbeta 2.8, I've several times had the following experience: During startup of my F-15 there are infantry running all over the place, including through the sides of the bunker. Sometimes they run into my plane and knock it around and tip it over. I tried to attach a short track but it is larger than the 5MB limit on the forum, I guess because of all the action in the mission.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Same here.... on my third attempt I just started the aircraft as fast as possible and taxied out as soon as the first engine was capable.

My first attempt had this superhero rip my landing gear off.

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Hipster!

These guys have absolutely refused to cooperate to the extent that I've deleted them, despite the nice scenery they used to provide running by the hangar at the start of the mission.

The fix should be in the next OB update, and then to stable shortly thereafter.

Thoroughly enjoyed the video :lol:

Edited by feefifofum
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the 10th March patch notes mention this, so thank you.  It's great that such feedback gets such a fast response!

Finished the campaign and really enjoyed it.  I felt my confidence and (limited) skills improved as the campaign developed, and I concentrated less on the "flying" and more and more on "mission management" and SA...so I learned a lot and enjoyed myself at the same time: can't ask for more than that!

Thanks for a great campaign.

• Like 2

PC -> i5-12400F, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060 Ti, dedicated SSD.  T16000 HOTAS.  Opentrack/PS3 Camera & MSI monitor(s)...(Reality, virtual or otherwise, makes me feel a little nauseous.)