Enable "Lock View (Cycle Padlock)" while in "Object Free Camera" mode

TimRobertsen

Could you please make it possible to enable "Lock View (Cycle Padlock)" while in "Object Free Camera" mode.

This would be great for cinematic shots on and around the carrier of jets passing etc, and of course a whole host of other cinematic shots.

First become an aviator, then become a terminator

3 hours ago, TimRobertsen said:

Could you please make it possible to enable "Lock View (Cycle Padlock)" while in "Object Free Camera" mode.

This would be great for cinematic shots on and around the carrier of jets passing etc, and of course a whole host of other cinematic shots.

Do you mean NumPad “.” to lock and NumPad “Num Lock” to unlock? Or am I misunderstanding the camera view?

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Ahhh… RTCTRL+ F2. Had to look it up. I guess the function of that combo is to unlock the F2 view. But as far as your carrier segments are concerned, I’ve gotten good results with F9 followed by various uses of LFTCTRL+F11 to focus on individual aircraft.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

On 12/6/2022 at 9:05 PM, Ironhand said:

Ahhh… RTCTRL+ F2. Had to look it up. I guess the function of that combo is to unlock the F2 view. But as far as your carrier segments are concerned, I’ve gotten good results with F9 followed by various uses of LFTCTRL+F11 to focus on individual aircraft.

Problem with F2/F9 for ships, is that it only allows you to move the camera up to the model, not on to it.

Free Camera (LFTCTRL+F11) is good for all kinds of stuff, but having it move along a carrier and point in different directions/following passing aircrafts at the same time just doesn't work out.

Enabling Lock View in Object Free Camera would solve this 🙂

First become an aviator, then become a terminator