better range markers

upyr1

when we select a unit we the circles should be colored in like a trigger zone.

For example the inside the minimum range should be uncolored

the engagement zone might be a shade of red

and the detection zone might be a shade of yellow 

Then if a system has multiple sensors and weapons there might be a drop down were we select the one we want. For example the tunguska would have one for the guns and one for the sams 

• Like 1

It could use colors with a lot of transparency, so with a lot of engagement zones overlapping each other, it would stack up, and look kind of a heat map ! This way we could get rid of the hundreds of aliased circles nobody likes to see on the map and actually have an idea of the areas to avoid.

Edited by Surfingnet
spelling mistake

7 hours ago, Kang said:

I'm not sure if I would like that all the time for fear of seriously cluttering up my map, but I would certainly welcome to have a few more options for these kinds of things.

I stated the idea is that the circles wouldn't be colored all the time only when you have a unit selected. Right now we have rings around units to denote the range. 

null

7 hours ago, Surfingnet said:

It could use colors with a lot of transparency, so with a lot of engagement zones overlapping each other, it would stack up, and look kind of a heat map ! This way we could get rid of the hundreds of aliased circles nobody likes to see on the map and actually have an idea of the areas to avoid.

As  I stated earlier the idea was only when a unit is selected but an option to show them all the time could work

17 hours ago, upyr1 said:

I stated the idea is that the circles wouldn't be colored all the time only when you have a unit selected. Right now we have rings around units to denote the range. 

null

As  I stated earlier the idea was only when a unit is selected but an option to show them all the time could work

Oh, don't worry, I noted very warmly how you pointed out how it should be an option to be used when necessary, and I certainly support it. Apart from several other advantages, like being able to distinguish between various weapons employed by a single unit, it would also be tremendously helpful to anyone who has trouble seeing the circles now, be it because of 'VR res issues', the circles being outside the current view or just plain old low contrast.