Countermeasures won't load

Mistermann
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I am just now getting back into the Hog.  Having a very strange issue, however.  I hope this is a me problem.  I can't get any countermeasures to load onto the jet.

image.png

I have a very simple mission I created where I make sure there is Chaff and Flares onboard.

image.png

Yet when I fly the mission I have zero flares and chaff.  I am running NO mods and I just did a repair (slow) and searched for extra files.

image.png

I am running the current OB (3306).  I am attaching a track file of this mission where you can see there's no Chaff/Flare inventory onboard.

Also noteworthy is I have the same experience with the countermeasures training mission too.

Hopefully someone can suggest a solution.  Tagging @BIGNEWY

Thanks.

NoCountermeasures.trk

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• ED Team

Hi 

I am unable to reproduce here, using your track replay counter measures look correct

Screen_221206_094401.jpg

Are or have you used any unofficial mods? 

Can you attach your dcs.log it may have some clues. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Are or have you used any unofficial mods? 

Can you attach your dcs.log it may have some clues. 

thanks

No mods.  I have removed all of them as I thought that might be the issue, @BIGNEWY.  Just ran it again, so the attached DCS log is up to date.  I am thinking of removing the A10 and letting the installer - re-install.

Thanks for helping me, BN!!

dcs.log

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

@BIGNEWY

Update for you and the team.  I uninstalled the A10 Tank Killer and reinstalled.  Ran the mission and the countermeasures loaded!  Just like the image you posted.  I was thrilled.

THEN, I re-ran the mission just to make sure it was still working and no-joy.  Back to empty countermeasures.  This is bizarre behavior.

dcs.log

Edited by Mistermann
added log

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• ED Team

Please remove this and try again 

C:\Users\miste\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Hooks\DiCE-hook (2022_07_13 12_33_50 UTC).lua

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY

It did NOT fix it.  Strange that that particular file was in the base scripts folder.  Wouldn't a repair have removed that?  Makes me wonder what other issues might be out there.

I installed 2.7 and it runs fine.  

Attaching the latest DCS.Log

dcs.log

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

• ED Team
  • Solution

A repair does not touch your dcs folder in C:\Users\miste\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

So any  mods or scripts you have there will remain, make sure the dice mod is completely removed and then run another repair to be sure

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

The log shows integrity check fail on an_ale40v device

2022-12-06 14:02:58.507 WARNING SECURITYCONTROL (Main): IC fail: mods/aircraft/a-10c_2/cockpit/scripts/an_ale40v/device/an_ale40v_params.lua

try deleting the file and run a repair and retest

also not related but your scratch pad mod is showing a script error

Soldier Salute Silhouette Png, Transparent Png - kindpng

@BIGNEWY - You are amazing!  Thanks for the patience and massive assistance here.  New computer here and I copied my DCS saved games folder from a backup drive so I didn't loose any missions.  In the process, the backup had all sorts of mods in it that I hadn't even thought were there.  Therein lied my issue.  While I thought there were no mods installed, there were remnants of mods out there hiding in that restored saved games folder.

Once I physically removed (deleted) from my saved games, all is well.

image.png

Validated by starting other missions and by restarting DCS just to make sure.

BN, you rock!  Thank you for being here for us -- even when we make really stupid mistakes.

Not sure this thread needs to stay around (your call).  It definitely serves as illustration on "user" errors introducing strange DCS behavior.

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod