Feature Request: Simple Mirror

Kageseigi

I don't know if Heatblur has any control over mirrors, or if I have overlooked the option, but would a "simple mirror" give any added performance to a struggling CPU/GPU?

Turning off mirrors completely seems to help performance a lot, but for the F-14, being able to see the wing position and vapors at a glance are very helpful to judge the state of the aircraft/energy while maintaining forward visibility. Unfortunately, those visual cues require all of the performance hits of full mirrors.

So would it be possible to have a "simple mirror" option that displays only the aircraft/vapors on top of the blurred image that you see when the mirrors are off? Even if it is a lower detailed model than you would get if you had "full mirrors." The presence of a pilot "reflection" in this mode isn't important to me, but wing angle is. Vapors would be icing on the cake.

With the way mirrors work in DCS, I don't know if it would help performance much, but I don't know until I ask. So I humbly submit my request here.

No matter what, I still want to thank the team for the best F-14 simulation I'm aware of! You make dreams come true! 😄

On 12/6/2022 at 4:39 AM, Kageseigi said:

I don't know if Heatblur has any control over mirrors, or if I have overlooked the option, but would a "simple mirror" give any added performance to a struggling CPU/GPU?

Turning off mirrors completely seems to help performance a lot, but for the F-14, being able to see the wing position and vapors at a glance are very helpful to judge the state of the aircraft/energy while maintaining forward visibility. Unfortunately, those visual cues require all of the performance hits of full mirrors.

So would it be possible to have a "simple mirror" option that displays only the aircraft/vapors on top of the blurred image that you see when the mirrors are off? Even if it is a lower detailed model than you would get if you had "full mirrors." The presence of a pilot "reflection" in this mode isn't important to me, but wing angle is. Vapors would be icing on the cake.

With the way mirrors work in DCS, I don't know if it would help performance much, but I don't know until I ask. So I humbly submit my request here.

No matter what, I still want to thank the team for the best F-14 simulation I'm aware of! You make dreams come true! 😄

there is a wing sweep indicator in the cockpit,  just to the right of the master arm switch.