Thank You ED!

AG-51_Razor

I couldn't find a logical thread to place this in so my apologies if I missed it somewhere along the way. I want to say thanks to the developers for toning down the light bloom from the tankers' navigation lights during nighttime tanking operations while using NVGs. I just noticed this yesterday and confirmed it tonight during a squad MP mission. Not having ever done anything like AAR, much less during the night with NVG's on, I can't say one way or the other how realistic is was before or is now but I can say that this new version makes the NVG's much more valuable (useful) and I have to say Thank you for that!! Please keep up the great work y'all are doing on the core of the simulation. It is noticed and very much appreciated.

• Like 9

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since there is a "thank you ED" thread, let me thank to ED for helicopter flight model and force feedback support. 

I realized that i couldn't enjoy helicopter flights without force trim, force feedback and proper flight model while trying to play another flight sim. 

And I realized that I can't thank enough. 

• Like 5

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

On 12/13/2022 at 12:09 PM, ebabil said:

Since there is a "thank you ED" thread, let me thank to ED for helicopter flight model and force feedback support. 

I realized that i couldn't enjoy helicopter flights without force trim, force feedback and proper flight model while trying to play another flight sim. 

And I realized that I can't thank enough. 

I cannot thank enogh for those as well. I don't want to discuss other flight sims here, but the recent massive update of a different sim left me with a laughing and a crying eye. I was happy to experience the soaring in VR (it is absolutely amazing!), but I was missing vital flight dynamic shenanigans such as VRS, LTE, RBS and even just the hovering in ground effect. What a bummer! It's moments like those you realize how advanced DCS is and it's still the only sim that can give me the rotary fix when I need it! Needless to say that sticking with the FFB support even throughout the complete and utter lack of hardware (what a shame!) is such a golden piece in flight simming right now! Especially flying helos without the force trim is just... wierdly arcady to some extent. I can't live without. And I totally can't understand why those who initially brought FFB into the sim market are now so far refusing to support it or even use their financial assets to make some hardware manufacturers produce FFB hardware again, finally.

Also thanks for the sneaky BS3 release, wasn't expecting it at all. Only noticed because everyone and their dog was releasing BS3 content on the Tube today... awesome.png

• Like 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Hello ED Team.

You have delivered wonderful work again this year. Made good decisions and kept this sim unchallenged at the top.

Thank you for many hours of best entertainment and excitement. I am already very much looking forward to the "DCS World 2023 and beyond" again. I am sure it will be excellent again and shows what is coming soon.

I'm sure you have all kinds of goals in 2023 and I would be happy if you could also give the "old" modules one or the other update from time to time. In the case of BS3, you have already succeeded several times. A Mi-8 2 or Huey 2 would be most welcome.

Enjoy the coming holidays and please continue to make us happy.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

I join in on the appreciation train as well..... With all the things that life throws our way in the day-to-day, and this crazy world we call home, it is appreciated beyond words that even a low-end CPU owner as myself, can still  "escape" and chase the childhood dream of being a fighter/attack pilot, 'delivering' freedom as much as possible.  (Cheerfully raising my frosty mug of beer to you)

Edited by =DROOPY=

Unique aviation images for the passionate aviation enthusiast:

Fb: FighterJetGeek Aviation Images - Home | Facebook

IG: https://www.instagram.com/the_fighterjetgeek/

Aviation Photography Digest: AviationPhotoDigest.com/author/SMEEK9