crazy skill of AI

Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

very weird issue i just ran into. i used to play a downloaded user mission in 2021 probably 20 times and never had this problem. recently i tired it again. it is essentially a SEAD mission with a bunch of flights of CAP, ground attack, etc. i kept getting owned and looked at tacview track. it turns out there is a lone SU-33 that was protecting the enemy territory. it was able to take down two F15Cs, an E3, an L39, 3 F18Cs, and me in an F16C. is this just better AI from 2.8? never had this problem in earlier versions. i mean seriously. double ace in 11 minutes lol.

null

image.png

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

13 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Is the blue AI set up correctly? Do they react to the Flanker or do they ignore it?

I've noticed some missions, often quick mission ext has some really strange sets up for AI.

In the BVR quick mission on caucasus for F18 where you have 8 F18s vs 8 Flankers/Migs the F18s get murdered each time. they don't hit crap with the 120s and then get just wipped out in BFM with the Red force planes.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• ED Team
  • Solution

check the AI skill level of the AI units

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

i checked the skill level. again this is not my mission so i will not share it as my own. all the red and blue AC were set to random. all blue apparently were rookie and all red were ace. the persian gulf turkey shoot. lol. i made another mission with all hard coded skill level. thanks for the ideas.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain