Trigger zone on top of a static building thinks it's on the ground UNDER the building.

Elphaba

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Elphaba:

as title says.

This sucks for helo landing on rooves of buildings. 

A circular trigger zone is a cylinder from the ground to infinity. This is because it is a flight(!) simulator and zones check for aircraft in Zone, not at a specific height.

You need to check height AGL and speed to determine if a helicopter has landed(!)  AND if he is in the zone to determine he is in the correct place. 

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

3 hours ago, Presidium said:

This is not a bug. A trigger zone it's an area. It's not in the ground or in the air, it's a zone that could be used for several things, ie: detecting when something is inside/outside...etc

If you want to detect if an helicopter lands on top of a building, you have to use the trigger zone and at least two additional conditions:

"UNIT SPEED LOWER THAN 1"
"UNIT AGLS ALTITUDE IS LOWER THAN..." (height of the building)

What you are doing with this is checking that the helo is inside of the zone, at 0 speed, and that is lower than the height of the building (well, lower than the roof would be impossible, so you will have to add a couple of meters to the height or the condition will not work).

Hope that helps 🙂

Unit height? No I need it at GROUP or even COALITION level. Not creating checks and ors for dozens and dozens of units. 

Besides, how do I even get the height of a roof of a building in DCS?

16 hours ago, shagrat said:

A circular trigger zone is a cylinder from the ground to infinity. This is because it is a flight(!) simulator and zones check for aircraft in Zone, not at a specific height.

You need to check height AGL and speed to determine if a helicopter has landed(!)  AND if he is in the zone to determine he is in the correct place. 

Can't do that when I don't know the height of the building. There's no way to find that out in DCS ME

10 hours ago, Elphaba said:

I did that already.

1. Place a unit on top of the building (A), and another one next to the building (B).
  2. Run your mission.
  3. Press F7 to read each unit's altitude. The building height equals A minus B.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 7:35 AM, Elphaba said:

Can't do that when I don't know the height of the building. There's no way to find that out in DCS ME

On 12/9/2022 at 5:30 PM, Elphaba said:

Unit height? No I need it at GROUP or even COALITION level. Not creating checks and ors for dozens and dozens of units. 

Hi Elphaba.  Check out MIST for DCS.  It offers many options for checking zones including Group & Coalition.

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Mission_Scripting_Tools_Documentation

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.