Is there a way i can restore my controls

Gcftw22

After Plugging out my hotas (x56) because it was causing another program to have problems now that i have plugged them back in all my controls are gone is there any way to get them back?

Edit: just restarted my game and they came back ( i know i should have  tried that before making a post)

Edited by Gcftw22

probably got a new device ID assigned. 
you can find all the files under: \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input

image.png

you should see files with the name of your controller there. if you got 2 files with the same controller name, the ID number behind it might have changed. you can simply copy paste all content from the now "old" file into the one with the new device ID in order to restore what you had before.

or in DCS you can go to the keybind settings, search the respective controller, click the dropdown and load file. then choose the "old" file with the old device id. usually easy to find based on the date of creation. before doing that, might want to clear all keybinds assigned per default (clear category)

image.png

Device IDs might change when using a different USB port than previously or when updating the firmware of your peripherals

Edited by Moonshine
  • Like 2