Is there anyone flying just Lock On (as in NOT Flaming Cliffs)

Is there anyone flying just Lock On (as in NOT Flaming Cliffs)  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Is there anyone flying just Lock On (as in NOT Flaming Cliffs)

• Lock On (1.02)
    • Flaming Cliffs
    • None of the above

Just as my thread title says. Is there anyone flying just Lock On: Modern Air Combat (or whatever title it's got at your location) and not the expansion?

I'm interested in maybe getting some multiplayer flight time together with someone, but it seems everyone is just playing Flaming Cliffs?

Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz, 4GB DDR3, Geforce GTX470, Samsung SATA HDD, Dell UH2311H 1920x1080, Saitek X52 Pro., FreeTrack homemade cap w/ LifeCam VX-1000, Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.

FreeTrack in DCS A10C (64bit): samttheeagle's headtracker.dll

I voted for FC. Would be great to do MP co-op and stuff, but nobody I know (in RL) plays FC or even LOMAC except for myself. For all those years that I've played LOMAC and FC I've never been in any MP match what so ever.... (or is it what-so-ever?)

Core i7 3770K - MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G - Gigabyte Z77X-D3H - 16GB ddr3/1600 - Saitek X45

I voted for FC. Would be great to do MP co-op and stuff, but nobody I know (in RL) plays FC or even LOMAC except for myself. For all those years that I've played LOMAC and FC I've never been in any MP match what so ever.... (or is it what-so-ever?)

You do use Hyperlobby, right?

http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Downloads

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

I don't understand why anyone would have 1.02 and not 1.12 FC. Unless maybe you like the way 1.02 plays over the changes made in 1.12?

If you like Lock On buy FC. It is only ~$15, you can order it direct from ED with no hassles. You get the 25T with Advanced Flight Modeling and some other changes.

Support ED and buy FC! Get Hyperlobby and join the guys online.

Except the new Su-25T model, there is no improvement over 1.02?

I have serious multiplayer issues in 1.02, what made it nearly impossible to play online.

If that, and other issues, are not fixed, there's no chance that I will buy it.

Flaming Cliffs introduces several serious problems that aren't present in 1.02. It also fixes some problems that are in 1.02. Personally, I prefer 1.02 and the online activity when 1.02 was the latest release was much stronger than after Flaming Cliffs was released.

If you fly A2G, 1.12b is probably the better choice. For A2A, 1.02 is better.

I popped on HL last night to see 8 people flying. At the same time of night prior to the release of 1.1, I don't remember one single night that had so few flying. Perhaps other old-timers could post their memories of HL participation back when 1.02 was the current release. Since Ice has accused me of not posting the truth, maybe some other folks could refresh his memory.

Edited by S77th-GOYA
  • Like 1

Simple soloution....... Have 2 copies loaded

#1 Lo 1.02

#2 LO/FC

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

I popped on HL last night to see 8 people flying. At the same time of night prior to the release of 1.1, I don't remember one single night that had so few flying. Perhaps other old-timers could post their memories of HL participation back when 1.02 was the current release. Since Ice has accused me of not posting the truth, maybe some other folks could refresh his memory.
GOYA, I can't speak in comparision, but I'm curious what time you logged onto HL? I live in Indy, so we're on the same time zone. In the evenings during the week, I see on the low end around 15, on the high end around 50. If you're interested in flying FC, maybe try again? Of course FC wasn't just released, but I generally don't have a problem getting weekday flights in the evening after work in our timezone.

Many may find RAF server in Hyperlobby misleading, you'll sometimes see it sitting there with 1 or 2 in there, and alot of the time with 0 players.

Yet if you check here http://80.250.162.148/stats/Default.aspx?lang=en you'll see alot of the time theres a good number of guys flying, it's just that many of them do not use HL and use direct IP connect :)

This is a great server, the missions RAF use have evolved into quite realistic scenarios (unlike the unrealistic air quake types that some run in some servers, with a SAM behind every tree and hill) they use a good mission rotator, RvE Realism mod and an overall VERY stable server platform that runs day and night :thumbup:

I popped on HL last night to see 8 people flying.

Yeah im surprised by how quiet it goes during US hours, but rest assured Euro zone is booming.

Perhaps its to do with the so many F-15 sucks balls campaigns banded over the years that turn so many future and past US pilots away.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Yup, US/Canada prime time is slow in HL. European prime time is when it's busy. So, you'll have maybe 6 people on at 6AM GMT and then 40 on at 8pm GMT. Saturdays afternoons are the busiest time of them all at around 5pm GMT.

It's a shame really. ED says that approx 5% of users of their sims play online. Too bad the number isn't 50% or higher.

Edited by Crunch

Flaming Cliffs & Hyperlobby thats the magic combo :thumbup:

GAU-8/A Avenger / PGU-14/B API / PGU-13/B HEI/ LAU-68 rocket pods / 2× AIM-9 Sidewinders / 2× AGM-65 Maverick / 4× Mk20 Rockeye / ALQ-131 ECM / Two General Electric TF34-GE-100 turbofans

Flamming cliffs~ through Hypper Lobby~ though i seldom play online because my ISP/DSL sucks~

I get disconnected randomly~

:(

GAU-8/A Avenger / PGU-14/B API / PGU-13/B HEI/ LAU-68 rocket pods / 2× AIM-9 Sidewinders / 2× AGM-65 Maverick / 4× Mk20 Rockeye / ALQ-131 ECM / Two General Electric TF34-GE-100 turbofans

Perhaps its to do with the so many F-15 sucks balls campaigns banded over the years that turn so many future and past US pilots away.

That's very doubtful. Eagle drivers weren't the majority of the people flying in HL during the GMT 00:00 - 05:00 time period. Plus, IMO, the problems with the F-15 that are most serious are problems for all fighter a/c. (De-rating of the AMRAAM notwithstanding)

And I would find it more likely that the actual problems with the modeling had more negative effect than any campaign to have them corrected.

The bottom line here for me is that flying 1.02 was a blast even with the bugs that were later corrected. Flying FC just isn't as much fun. The frustration with firing a 120 in someone's face from 4-6 nm and not hitting the target is a frustration I don't need. But it has already been talked into the ground. I just thought I'd answer the guy's question.