Apache pilot canopy glare

Hodo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Depending on sun angle the glass dividing the two cockpits is now virtually opaque and it significantly hampering the ability to visually id targets out the front of the helo. 

I know 2.8 lighting and stuff is a WIP but this has to have been noticed by most; when is it going to get addressed because between this and the F14's oval glass opaquely green, I can't see much out the front anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
Am 13.12.2022 um 16:06 schrieb Lord Vader:

This has already been reported. It's WIP.

Additional observation: It is especially extreme when shadows are set to flat (then it looks like in the screenshot above). With all other shadow options it actually looks ok.
The higher the shadow settings are, the less annoying the reflections are.

Maybe this will help a little with the fine tuning.

• 3 months later...

SIX months after this first being reported...

I was flying low over the water in overcast condition with no external nor internal lighting. When I looked out of the canopy at the water it appeared as if I have headlights turned on all around the nose of the Apache.

I checked externally with F2 - nope, dark as the night.

Then I realized, the "headlights" are caused by the the canopy glass image.gif

__TL;DR ______________________________________________________________________________________________

If you can't fix it in a timely manor, please turn it OFF so the customers can enjoy the product.

Edited by Captain Orso
  • Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

2 hours ago, FalcoGer said:

I think this has to do with flat shadows/no shadows. I have not noticed this since I upgraded my hardware and turned shadow quality up.

I'm running the Varjo Aero with a 4090 and 13900k.  Still an issue at highest/lowest/flat/on/off shadow settings in VR.

Found this: Clear Canopy Glass

Works like a charm in the Apache!

Unfortunately, only for SP - doesn't pass controls.

Haven't checked in other aircraft, but apparently work wonders everywhere.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

BTW I was online yesterday on a 4YA training server with the Clear Canopy Glass mod implemented, without issue.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler