Cant find where to upgrade BS2 to BS3

Picure

I originally purchased BS2 on steam and then transferred the license to standalone. Now I'm logged into my account on the DCS website and it says I am licensed on the BS2 but there is no option for me to upgrade to BS3 for $9.99 and I only get the option to purchase it at full price. 

What am I missing here?

Edited by Picure

• Picure changed the title to Cant find where to upgrade BS2 to BS3

Likewise, all I'm seeing available on the store is the BS1 to BS2 upgrade, which I already own.

Edit:
I had forgotten to go through the transfer from upgrade to full BS2 license. As soon as I went through the process, the option to upgrade became available in the shop.

Edited by Crashdown

See if this link ends up working for you first.  If it does, complete it, then go see if it's availabel at the cheaper rate.  It did for me, but my situation was different, as I had the BS1 to BS2 upgrade initially.  Doesn't hurt to try.  

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/licensing/replacebs/

• Like 1

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ

16BG Ram

EVGA Geforce 760 GTX 2GB

7 minutes ago, droz said:

See if this link ends up working for you first.  If it does, complete it, then go see if it's availabel at the cheaper rate.  It did for me, but my situation was different, as I had the BS1 to BS2 upgrade initially.  Doesn't hurt to try.  

I didn't work for me, I dont have BS1, I have BS2 only  😢

I have bought Black Shark 1 a long time ago.
I have upgraded it to Black Shark 2 ("Upgrade from DCS: Black Shark 1 to DCS: Black Shark 2").

And now ....   
Eagle Dynamics offers me ONLY THE WHOLE Black Shark 3 license for 69.99 € when I am logged into https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/  
I thought that I can get an upgrade for 9.99 €.

(Besides: I still have unused unsuable 8500 miles.)

How I can get an upgrade for just 9.99 €?

1 minute ago, GKOver said:

I have upgraded it to Black Shark 2 ("Upgrade from DCS: Black Shark 1 to DCS: Black Shark 2").

And now ....   
Eagle Dynamics offers me ONLY THE WHOLE Black Shark 3 license for 69.99 € when I am logged into https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/  

Worked just fine for me. Log into the e-shop and if you already own BS2, it shows 9.99.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 minute ago, GKOver said:

And now ....   

Do that.  It worked for me, same situation.  

Windows 7 64bit

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ

16BG Ram

EVGA Geforce 760 GTX 2GB

You have typed in your old BS1 license and pressed "Replace"?

What for I need to type in the old license if I have already upgraded from BS1 to BS2? I am not sure, if I still have this old CD cover with the license key.

I can't understand why I have to keep such an old license key. Currently I have searched for ist but couldn't find it.

I have bought BS1 when it came out in the year 2007 (or?) and now I need this key again after such a long time? I have already used the BS1 license key when I have upgraded it ....
-> looks for me like an harassment for the customers.

Edited by GKOver

27 minutes ago, GKOver said:

What for I need to type in the old license if I have already upgraded from BS1 to BS2? I am not sure, if I still have this old CD cover with the license key.

I can't understand why I have to keep such an old license key. Currently I have searched for ist but couldn't find it. I have bought BS1 when it came out in the year 2007 or? and now I need this key again? Sounds like an useless obstacle for the customers.

Yes. It seems a bit much to expect people to find a 15 year old serial key for a game that no longer works - especially given that many of us have been running Black Shark 2 (and paid to upgrade to it) for years, but never used the serial key replacer... a replacer that wasn't available initially (for the first few years we had to install BS1 and then we could upgrade to BS2 - but the serial numbers weren't upgraded in the process).

Anyway - I've found my old CD-ROM, box and receipt - but I can't find any serial number/key.

41 minutes ago, GKOver said:

I can't understand why I have to keep such an old license key. Currently I have searched for ist but couldn't find it. I have bought BS1 when it came out in the year 2007 or? and now I need this key again? Sounds like an useless obstacle for the customers.

Same issue for me .....

I bought Black Shark 1 on Steam ages ago, then later I upgraded to DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade (download version) from the DCS Store. Now I wanna upgrade to BS3, but I don't have the BS1 key... or at least I cant find it on Steam.

Do I need to buy at full price? 

3 hours ago, Picure said:

I just figured out my problem. I didn’t see that there was a “Black Shark 3 Upgrade” in the steam shop sold separately from the main Black Shark 3 page. I just purchased the upgrade and transferred the liscence to SA. All is well now 😍

Thanks for that.  Yea, it is confusing that there's two separate product for Black Shark 3 and Black Shark 3 Upgrade.

• Like 1

This helped me, I have BS 1 + BS2 upgrade

5 hours ago, droz said:

Edited by BBL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Live to fly, fly to live, do or die, Aces High!!!

20 hours ago, SliderCDN said:

Same for me. I bought BS1 in 2010 on Steam, purchased BS2 Upgrade on ED shop, can't generate BS2 Full because I don't have BS1 serial any more, but BS1 is in my Steam library and DCS account is linked to Steam account. BS3 shows full price.

Yes exactly, this is what I did. I would assume if one already owned the Black Shark 2 upgrade in DCS account, one would qualify for discount. I don’t mind paying full price to support the product, but I would rather have the discount.

Edit: I submitted a support ticket explaining the issue, price is correct now: 9.99.

Edited by grimnir