New Mavericks

Ghost79

14 hours ago, razo+r said:

You just have to cycle the master arm safety on your stick to bring the sight back up and running. 

Thank you - works perfectly now ! 

Does the IR sight offer any zoom function or do I have to rely on my VR view in game to see a bit more  ? 😉

Cheers 

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

4 minutes ago, JABO2009 said:

Does the IR sight offer any zoom function or do I have to rely on my VR view in game to see a bit more  ? 😉

Cheers 

No zoom. You have to get close with your head. Its not really meant to search around manually. You are supposed to put your nose on the target (likely during a pop-up dive), then look at your sight, which is centered on your nose and then start doing fine adjustments. But the target area should already be in sight on the display before you move around.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JABO2009 said:

Cheers 

The B variant has a little bit higher magnification compared to the other variants.

5 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

The B variant has a little bit higher magnification compared to the other variants.

Which is not realistic though, as the this variant was not in service on the Viggen IRL.

• Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

11 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Which is not realistic though, as the this variant was not in service on the Viggen IRL.

But could it carry and use it? Or why did it get included in the loadout options?

Side question: If not the Strike-Viggen which aircraft in the Swedish Air Force carried the this variant?

Edited by Snappy

1 hour ago, Snappy said:

But could it carry and use it? Or why did it get included in the loadout options?

Side question: If not the Strike-Viggen which aircraft in the Swedish Air Force carried the this variant?

The RB-75B didn't even exist IRL. IRL there was only the RB-75A (AGM-65A) and RB-75T (AGM-65A with Swedish made larger warhead). Heatblur included a fictional RB-75B, which is supposed to be a AGM-65B, which offered a narrow zoom view (which the AGM-65A didn't have), in order to make spotting easier for DCS players.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Thanks 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

36 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

The RB-75B didn't even exist IRL. IRL there was only the RB-75A (AGM-65A) and RB-75T (AGM-65A with Swedish made larger warhead). Heatblur included a fictional RB-75B, which is supposed to be a AGM-65B, which offered a narrow zoom view (which the AGM-65A didn't have), in order to make spotting easier for DCS players.

Ah interesting, learned something new again! Thank you for explaining.

kind regards,

Snappy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

Thanks for clarification,  and how can the zoom View be used in the viggen on the RB75  B variant ? Can the zoom view be mapped in the controls or is it just that the general viggen IR sight is a bit more zoomed in ? 

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

13 minutes ago, JABO2009 said:

Thanks for clarification,  and how can the zoom View be used in the viggen on the RB75  B variant ? Can the zoom view be mapped in the controls or is it just that the general viggen IR sight is a bit more zoomed in ? 

The seeker optics are different in the B, which causes the sensor FOV to be half that of the A/T. The FOV is static and can not be changed like on the newer versions.

Also it's not IR, but rather a TV (vidicon sensor) missile.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Thanks 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

1 hour ago, Zabuzard said:

@TOViperMaybe something to put in the manual, in case it isnt there yet ❤️

Consider it done, looks like this:

null

image.png

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

6 hours ago, JABO2009 said:

There is no zoom control (as the Viggen didn't have a Maverick with different seeker FOVs IRL), so Heatblur modelled the RB-75B as always being in Narrow FOV. So in plain English: The RB-75 is always zoomed in.
And on a side note: There is no IR sight, as these older Mavericks are have simple electro-optical TV seekers, not IR seekers. :wink:

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

5 hours ago, TOViper said:

Consider it done, looks like this:

null

image.png

EP13 isn't collimated, if we're going after how the game actually works, vs how it should work.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |