DCS OB 2.8.1.34437 Doppler system broken

Volator

17 hours ago, Volator said:

Since latest patch DCS OB 2.8.1.34437 the doppler system / DISS-15 doesn't work anymore. It fails shortly after take-off, both cold start and hot start.

Mi-8_doppler_fail_pylons_fail_hot_start.trk 1.1 MB · 2 downloads Mi-8_doppler_fail_pylons_fail.trk 3.84 MB · 2 downloads

Use Doppler panel behind copilot. Set  it to FORWARD 136 and back to operate and it will work. I don't know if this is a bug or something that had to be done in real life. I did not test with other settings on that panel to see if it makes a difference

3 hours ago, admiki said:

Set  it to FORWARD 136 and back to operate and it will work.

Will try, thx. FWIW, when checking out this bug I already tried the full doppler check procedure (i.e. all three switch positions), which resulted in the same doppler malfunction. Let's see how only this one switch position works.

---

Ok, so my tests showed that the doppler system will fail always fail after take-off, but you can reset the system with any test switch setting (memory included) temporarily. Once you get out of attitude limits, the doppler system will fail again until you reset it again with the test switch. That's not a new feature I think...

Edited by Volator