triplehead2go?

Does anybody run a triplehead2go at 3x1280x960? What sort of GPU/CPU do you have, and are you able to get decent frames at reasonable LOD? Or is it just completely beyond the ability of current PC's to handle it?

I figured out that my current rig (Q6600, 8800 Ultra) is pushing a single 1680x1050 (1.8 megapixels) screen OK, but in order to run 3x1280x960 on a triplehead2go plus an ABRIS LCD at 1024x768, it will need to push a resolution of 5888x960 (5.7Mpx) due to the vagaries of the multimon setup. Crazy! Can any current gear do this? That's 2.5 times full HD...

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

Does anybody run BS on triplehead2go in any resolution/configuration?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I run TH2Go for all my sims at 3840x1024.

I have an AMD 6000+ (3.0GHz); nVidia 8800 'Ultra' (768MB) and 2GB ram on an XP OS.

DCS: BS runs great at maximum detail at that res.

Couple that with Track IR and Saitek X52 and I'm there - in the helo - flying - for real!

i bought th2g last week, tried it for 3 days and was done...i used it with three (3x) 20" Acer x203w LCDs. ran a resolution of 3x 1440x900. i only tried it with FSX and LOMAC.

frame rates wasnt too bad, but it was choppy when i zoomed out in lomac, and the zoomed out FOV in FSX was stretched on the left most and right most.

searching the forums, it seems like people with th2g running lomac and black shark, DO NOT use the zoom function (loss of a degree of freedom for the trackIR setup)

WTF?

man, i was so enticed by all those videos of URZE's setups..

at the end of last weekend, i ended up going back to the 1x 46" Sharp LCD, and 1x 20 Acer...

black shark on a 46 is gorgeous...

i am tempted to use the TH2G for a dual monitor setup...i am having problems with this sTUPID Vista not being able to expand across desktops issue so that i can have the camera+shkval+ABRIS monitor config...

but from what i understand, TH2G does not like dissimilar monitors...

note: i am running E8500,VIsta x64,8Gigs RAM, 8800GTS (G92) ...(G92 is the 512MB versions for the noobies who dont know gfx... :p )

SPYBAZ...can you tell us how your TH2G experience is on DCS BS? what res do you run? what hardware do you have? can you zoom out with out it going in to choppy-ness / and or freezing?

Edited by hannibal

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Does anybody run a triplehead2go at 3x1280x960? What sort of GPU/CPU do you have, and are you able to get decent frames at reasonable LOD? Or is it just completely beyond the ability of current PC's to handle it?

I figured out that my current rig (Q6600, 8800 Ultra) is pushing a single 1680x1050 (1.8 megapixels) screen OK, but in order to run 3x1280x960 on a triplehead2go plus an ABRIS LCD at 1024x768, it will need to push a resolution of 5888x960 (5.7Mpx) due to the vagaries of the multimon setup. Crazy! Can any current gear do this? That's 2.5 times full HD...

This should give you at least a little to go on.....

3ghz dual core E6850 with 4gig of pc800 ram on a p35-ds4 MB

Gigabyte GTX260 oc graphics.

Vista SP1

8xAA

16xAF

Texture filtering set for "High Quality"

Game is set to....

Textures.. HIGH

SCenes... HIGH

CIv Traf.. HIGH

Water... low

Vis Range ... Medium.

Heat Blur... On

Shadows... Full

Res ... 4320x900

Aspect 4.8 (4.8 to 1)

Monitors 1camera.

Cockpit res.... 1024

This is what it looks like at 200fov

ScreenShot_011.jpg

I ran the track that makes this video ...

and looking at the front and not moving FoV (TrackIR disabled) gave me these results in FRAPS.

2008-12-22 19:51:10 - dcs

Frames: 14325 - Time: 276601ms - Avg: 51.789 - Min: 35 - Max: 65

I now run 170 and due to a general tidy up I probably run better then that now.

Remember BS is generaly more interested in your processor then you graphics. However I did notice a substantial difference going from an 8800gt to a 260gtx @ 1920x1200 before I got the tripple head.

searching the forums, it seems like people with th2g running lomac and black shark, DO NOT use the zoom function (loss of a degree of freedom for the trackIR setup)

WTF?

You may have misunderstood me hannibal or maybe I misunderstood you :)

The unrealistic zoom in and out I have removed so when I enter cockpit one key press gives me the FoV I want.(170 atm) However I do retain that degree of freedom to move around the cockpit as I would if I was really there. It's awesome.

It's a shame you have had no fun mate, the th2g I could not live without now. I would not even swap it for a 50 inch monitor tbh.

(BTW that last statement is a fact, building a "pit" and have put some major thought into controls/placements/monitors etc. TH2G won it for me even tho mounting 1 big one is a lot easyer then mounting 3x24's)

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

The unrealistic zoom in and out I have removed so when I enter cockpit one key press gives me the FoV I want.(170 atm) However I do retain that degree of freedom to move around the cockpit as I would if I was really there. It's awesome.

It's a shame you have had no fun mate, the th2g I could not live without now. I would not even swap it for a 50 inch monitor tbh.

so, what lua files did you edit, and what are the parameters?

please dont give me the multi monitor link, for i have tried all those configs, it wasnt good for me..let alone trying to read 25 pages of posts..

there was like 3 parameters i would change, on in view.lua, server.lua, i wish i could post the exact parameters, but i dont have sgu, and matrox stuff installed, i know the basics of fov of 200 @ 3x1440x900, but is there other parameters that you set?

after abandoning th2g, i found the Vista UAC can screw things up...unless that screwed up other things (i was able to edit configs still with this on)..

i mean over all, i just dint like to zoom, particularly when i zoom out of the cocpview, it would slow down and freeze until i zoomed back in...

You may have misunderstood me hannibal or maybe I misunderstood you :)

so if understod you correctly, in terms of zooming in and out, you DO NOT use the zooming only in the cockpit, so in this case, with TrackIR, while you are in the cockpit and you lean forward or back, this degree of freedome has been turned off...but every other freedom is ok to your liking?

....so, what lua files did you edit, and what are the parameters?......

Config/View/View.lua

This line only......This is the default line and the BOLD numbers are the ones of interest......

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iKA_50] = {20.0, 120.0}

That means the most you can zoom in is to a 20 degree FoV and the most you can zoom out is 120 degrees FoV.

I have mine set as below so I can one click and be away.

CameraViewAngleLimits[PlaneIndex.iKA_50] = {170.0, 170.0}

Please note that on my system if I have it set either side of 180 and try and "zoom"" though 180 it bogs down, some times locks up. Either side if fine tho. IE.... 20-170 or 190-250.

170 is simply my personal favorite FoV.

so if understod you correctly, in terms of zooming in and out, you DO NOT use the zooming only in the cockpit, so in this case, with TrackIR, while you are in the cockpit and you lean forward or back, this degree of freedome has been turned off...but every other freedom is ok to your liking?

Once I get in game I press zoom in or zoom out and I go to my FoV of 170 degrees, I can no longer adjust "zoom" as such as the options are 170-170.

I can still move all around the cockpit like in real life, look over and around the stick etc, all 6DoF are working. The only thing I have removed is the ability to have super power zoom vision :)

Edited by Shrubbo

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

wonderful invention aren't they.

while we are discussing th2go,

anyone else having issues when installing new nvidia drivers 180.xx series?

i kept getting "out of Hz range" message on my monitors and had to resort to plugging in an additional monitor, installing the new drivers and then creating a custom resolution with the 3840x1024 res and 60hz.

after that it all works fine but it took a little working out.

• 2 weeks later...
i also opted to abandon triple head 2 go, beacuse i wanted the additional monitor to show ABRIS...

Couldn't you do it like this on the second head?

th2gpit.gif

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

@ruprecht, look here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=631796#post631796

RE: "Can someone remind me how to set the FOW to 200? Is it the best one for using with TH2G?"

Check this link: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=17306&page=6

This explanation and preview at this site should help you much to see what's the outcome if you modify the Lua file:http://www.leftside-limited.com/misc.html

God urze, the heat in your pc room must give you a tan. I got 1 th2g setup + another pc with only 1 monitor on it and well all I can say is this room will be very nice in the middle of winter :)

Couldn't you do it like this on the second head?

th2gpit.gif

i can do that, thats if i wanted 0-5 fps....

NOW WHY WOULD I WANT THAT??

also, im running Vista, so im already double screwed with multi monitor setups...

if u have 3:4 aspect monitors, and windows XP, TH2G is ok..

but if you are like me, with 3 widescreens and VISTA...TH2G = powerpoint presentation or slideshow...

Edited by hannibal

Actually I run exactly that (but without the TH2G - using 2 GPUs) windowed in Vista and I get about 17FPS on medium settings. So, it is possible and throwing a bit more hardware at it might get the FPS beyond the magic 25-30.

multi_sm.jpg

Streaming DCS sometimes:

i can do that, thats if i wanted 0-5 fps....

NOW WHY WOULD I WANT THAT??

also, im running Vista, so im already double screwed with multi monitor setups...

if u have 3:4 aspect monitors, and windows XP, TH2G is ok..

but if you are like me, with 3 widescreens and VISTA...TH2G = powerpoint presentation or slideshow...

Hannibal,

I can understand partly your frustration when plans don't work well.

But please don't mix up everything:

Reuprecht's question/drawing is talking abut Fullscreen and XP.

So your point is kinda pointless - you can only take advantage of a TH2GO unit when you run it in fullscreen mode.

Rendering BS across four or more monitors in windowed mode is possible without a TH2GO in every windows version.

You only need a (cheap) second video card to do this.

-but you will loose much performance when not using fullscreen!

Edited by urze

HEY URZE..hows it going..go to hear your doing good..

im not trying to bash anyone setups..im just sharing my experiences..

i love this pit building hobby..

but at the same time..i have to be realistic..

albiet that TH2G setups are nice looking...come on..

17 fps is pathetic..

i want to enjoy the prgram as much as the hardware...but if 17fps floats your boat..then let it be...

sorry to say, im not happy about it..

but i am not complaining, because for the moment, my 46" lcd will suffice..

i hope DCS/ED/TFC will address this issue.. so for the time being, ill have to LEAVE TH2g until then..

maybe i should try SoftTH again...do you know if softTH does dual screens?

Edited by hannibal

hannibal, I am no where near 17fps and I wouldn't even bother to play at 17fps. I am now running a 200Fov at 4320x900 and I don't think it would ever drop to 17fps. If I remember rightly you have a 8800gt card and I said at the time I thought you would be asking too much of it and it seems you are. I am running a gigabyte 260gtx oc card and th2g and could not go back to blinker view for anything.

Actually I run exactly that (but without the TH2G - using 2 GPUs) windowed in Vista and I get about 17FPS on medium settings. So, it is possible and throwing a bit more hardware at it might get the FPS beyond the magic 25-30.

multi_sm.jpg

ruprecht, I may have a suggestion that would boost your frames. I notice from that picture that you have the "3 camera" view set.

I don't run that view for 2 reasons...

1: I didn't like the odd way it looks when you turn your head with trackIr. I gather that view was made for setups that don't use trackir. For example you would set you pit up with the monitors where the windows would be in rl. In effect it would go into a fully enclosed pit. Thats what I think anyway.

2: IT MURDERED my fps! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I run one single view with a 200 FoV. Love it.

ScreenShot_011.jpg

Edited by Shrubbo
Add sweet sweet 200fov picture

ruprecht, I may have a suggestion that would boost your frames. I notice from that picture that you have the "3 camera" view set.

Shrubbo,

I had a TH2G on order (though they borked the order and I have to find another supplier now) and I'll definitely try it with a single centre view at 200 FOV as that seems much more natural. With my current setup of 4 screens on 4 heads, that was the only way to get all 4 screens happening. You're right, the left/right views are a bit funny and apart from a) increased situational awareness and b) uber cool factor, are a bit redundant with TIR.

Also hannibal I should note that I've turned off the left/right screens until I get a TH2G. I don't like 17FPS any more than you, I was just pointing out that if it's possible to get 17 with my hardware (Q6600, 9800GTX+, 8800Ultra) it's possible to get 30+ with better hardware. For me, I get more out of a single centre screen plus my ABRIS than a super-wide slideshow. If I have to choose between the left/right screens and the ABRIS screen, I'll put the extra 2 LCDs into a racecar pit :)

Streaming DCS sometimes: