Formation trainer - show off your score!

d0ppler

Great mission, tried it out with a Hornet, but now will edit it to replace the F-5 with a Mirage F1 as that is the aircraft I'm currently flying (I dedicate to a single aircraft at a time, as I find it the most fulfilling way to enjoy DCS for me) ... thanks a lot for sharing it 🙂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Nice! Go through all the triggers to make sure your Mirage is getting every trigger the F-5 (or one of the other) has. Otherwise it won't work.

null

Here's my record 🙂

image.png

Edited by d0ppler
  • Like 1

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I find that this starts with the throttle open and so the F-16 starts rolling straight away. If I push my throttle forward then back it will only then return to idle. Can you check the script to see if there’ is a bug for the F-16 please?

12 hours ago, slughead said:

I find that this starts with the throttle open and so the F-16 starts rolling straight away. If I push my throttle forward then back it will only then return to idle. Can you check the script to see if there’ is a bug for the F-16 please?

I (and hundreds of others) have flown this mission with the Viper without any throttle issues. Create a new mission with your jet "ready on ramp" and see if the problem occurs. 

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

Just now, d0ppler said:

I (and hundreds of others) have flown this mission with the Viper without any throttle issues. Create a new mission with your jet "ready on ramp" and see if the problem occurs. 

I have. It doesn’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, slughead said:

I have. It doesn’t 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well, if you open my mission in the mission editor, you will see that there's nothing that gives the jet full throttle at start up. No script either. 
It's made with the Open Beta, what version are you on?

Edited by d0ppler

I wouldn't know where to start with the editor which is why I popped the question up. But never mind, I'm an engineer so don't mind having a fiddle and found that the speed was set to 270kts. I set it to zero and solved it. Retested with your original mission and that one still opens up the throttle when the mission starts. I watched the rpm needle go from 60 upwards without touching anything. With my change, it doesn't move. I went to and from mine and yours a couple of times with the same result.

image.png

Edited by slughead