VAICOM PRO Plugin not working in Win11?

MasterFuba

Hi,

I am running Win11 and have installed VoiceAttack and VAICOM Pro but the configuration popup does not show up.

After hitting LCTR+LALT+C there is only a text calling "Shourtcut: "Configuration and nothing happens.

The configuration window does not pop up. 

VA is started as admin and VAICOMPRO.dll is copied over original one. 

"Vaicom Pro for DCS World" Plugin is initialized.

I have red the docu as far as i could chapter 5 - its way too complicate for just that plugin - damn who wrote this VA docu? A Genius in programing but no skill in writing a docu. It lacking of vital infos if you stuck somewhere.   

Can't tell if its me or win11 but without the VAICOM config i fear this tool is useless.

Any Ideas what is wrong?

I also stumbled over the github docu which is same bad written.

1. Launch VoiceAttack and launch the VAICOM config menu (L CTRL+L ALT+C) and open the “Config” tab. If this does not work, check your VoiceAttack profile and ensure the command "Configuration" exists and is enabled with the proper shortcut.

What should i check here? Profile is "VAICOM PRO for DCS World" or i could change to My profile which does not look right.

Also i have searched whats in the Profile folder of my HDD ....Voiceattack/Apps/Vaicompro/Profile and there is the profile file VAICOM Pro for DCS World.vap.

What command "configuration" should exist and where? I can double click on the string after hitting shortcut keystring and then some options of VA pops up for configuration. Is this command now active or not -what to enable?

Regardless what i do LCTRL + ALT + C (also tried as big C with shift) does not bring up the configuration.

Thanks for help

Daniel 

2022-12-21 02_08_34-VoiceAttack.png

9 minutes ago, MasterFuba said:

Hi,

I am running Win11 and have installed VoiceAttack and VAICOM Pro but the configuration popup does not show up.

After hitting LCTR+LALT+C there is only a text calling "Shourtcut: "Configuration and nothing happens.

I have red the docu as far as i could chapter 5 - its way too complicate for just that plugin - damn who wrote this VA docu? A Genius in programing but no skill in writing a docu. It lacking of vital infos if you stuck somewhere.   

Can't tell if its me or win11 but without the VAICOM config i fear this tool is useless.

Any Ideas what is wrong?

1. Launch VoiceAttack and launch the VAICOM config menu (L CTRL+L ALT+C) and open the “Config” tab. If this does not work, check your VoiceAttack profile and ensure the command "Configuration" exists and is enabled with the proper shortcut.

What should i check here? Profile is "VAICOM PRO for DCS World" or i could change to My profile which does not look right.

Also i have searched whats in the Profile folder of my HDD ....Voiceattack/Apps/Vaicompro/Profile and there is the profile file VAICOM Pro for DCS World.vap.

What command "configuration" should exist and where? I can double click on the string after hitting shortcut keystring and then some options of VA pops up for configuration. Is this command now active or not -what to enable?

Regardless what i do LCTRL + ALT + C (also tried as big C with shift) does not bring up the configuration.

Thanks for help

Daniel 

Click on the 'edit' button (pencil and paper beside profile drop-down box), and set the shortcut for 'Configuration (voice disabled)' per the highlighted command as in this screenshot:Screenshot (29).png

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

1 hour ago, DD_Crash said:

Same for me, it is voice disabled and looks like the screenshot.

Ok, so you're having the same problem as the OP?

With "Vaicom Pro for DCS World" selected as the profile, when you click "Edit Profile" (the pencil and paper icon next to the 'Profile' drop down box), have you got the shortcut (Left Ctrl + Left Alt + C) against "Configuration (voice disabled)" in the command list? If in doubt please see the screenshot in my earlier post.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DCS world is the only profile. I have looked at the profile and the box for voice disabled is ticked. I press leftctrl+ left alt + C and it says "shortcut configuration" I might try changing the key press but they are greyed out in the list

PS Happy Christmas!

Edited by DD_Crash

45 minutes ago, DD_Crash said:

DCS world is the only profile. I have looked at the profile and the box for voice disabled is ticked. I press leftctrl+ left alt + C and it says "shortcut configuration" I might try changing the key press but they are greyed out in the list

PS Happy Christmas!

Happy Christmas to you too :thumbup:

Apologies, I'm struggling to understand. Could you please post a screenshot showing the command list that comes up when you click on "Edit Profile"?

55 minutes ago, DD_Crash said:

Here you gosnip 2.jpg

snip 1.jpg

Ok thanks. Could you please post your Vaicom Pro log (default location would be C:\Program Files\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Logs)? What version of DCS are you running (version number, Steam or Standalone, Release or OpenBeta)?

Also, I see that a potential conflict with Nahimic is mentioned, does the problem persist when Nahimic isn't running?

I'll probably have to check with someone from the Discord and I have some stuff on today myself, so it might take some time for me to reply, it will definitely be today though. If you'd rather, you could ask on the Discord yourself (https://discord.com/channels/736032844274728961/736033275423752243), you may get a quicker response that way (cutting out the middleman, so to speak)...

5 hours ago, DD_Crash said:

Thanks again.Nothing in the log, DCS in stand alone up to date version

No probs, hope you had/have a great day 🙂

The log will be instructive for us, even if it doesn't show any errors. If you'd rather not post it in the open forum, feel free to DM it to me. Also, are you running the OpenBeta version of DCS?

On further checking, it looks likely that Nahimic is interfering with keybinds like those for the Vaicom config. I suggest you try uninstalling Nahimic and see if that works.

Edit: I’m told this can be caused by having more than one version of the vaicom.dll file (even if it’s renamed) in your vaicom directory, it might be worth checking that to make sure.

Edited by Horns
Added note at bottom

3 hours ago, DD_Crash said:

DCS is release version, nahimic is now disabled but no logfile is created, the folder is completely empty. No other viacom.dll file is in the folder.

Ok thanks. If no log file is generating I believe there is a deeper problem. I’m afraid this is beyond me, I suggest you speak to the Discord support here, I’m sure they’ll be able to figure this out. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

On 12/21/2022 at 9:19 AM, MasterFuba said:

Hi,

Any Ideas what is wrong?

Thanks for help

Daniel 

If you're still following this topic, this shortcut shows your keyboard shortcuts are disabled. Click on the keyboard icon (3rd from the top on the right, currently with the red circle with the line) and that should enable them.

11 minutes ago, proctor40 said:

image.pngSince I did my update, I also have the same problem. The interface does not open and the line "Shortcut: configuration" appears.

Are you using Release or OpenBeta version of DCS? Also, please post your Vaicom Pro log (default location C:\Program Files\VoiceAttack\Apps\VAICOMPRO\Logs)

44 minutes ago, proctor40 said:

I have been using the beta version of DCS for a long time, I have never had any problem with VAICOM PRO except since I updated it.

My Logs folder is empty......

You appear to be using the old version of Vaicom Pro. It is now maintained by the community, and the new version is necessary for OpenBeta from 2.8 onwards. You can download it from here.

16 hours ago, DD_Crash said:

Uninstall/reinstall worked, now I need to learn how to use it properly.

Glad the install is sorted, hopefully that was the hard part :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2022 at 4:09 AM, proctor40 said:

image.pngSince I did my update, I also have the same problem. The interface does not open and the line "Shortcut: configuration" appears.

1. Install latest Beta Version

2. Delete these two files

3. Restart Voice Attack

4 Be careful, the first file is in the program directory but the second is in the User!

delete file to restore Config Window.png

Delete file and restart VoiceAttack.png