Is there a Ban for Life list?

Ramstein

[Edit by mod: Please no MP disputes]. Ban for LIfe for this punk. He goes into games and kills fellow team-mates. Not just once, but 2x in a row...

:mad:

Edited by Acedy

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• ED Team
Posting player names in public forums is never a good idea. Its best to contact server admins.

In regard to your question though could ED comment if there is a ban by ID or IP option within the game config?

Unfortunately this is no UID right now. The bans you can issue nowadays are all IP bans.

Perhaps you should first talk to a guy and explain IFF!

Friend, I think it is better when somebody learn "know-how" before public game. It is very frustrating when you are killed by teammate, many people heard my agression when they did that (:P). In my personal opinion public server is not good place to get to know plane possibilities, and doing first training on teammates (read: checking how missiles are exploading on own people).

Edited by Boberro
  • Like 2

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

this was no accident! This a-hole did this on purpose, 2 times! and it was on the airbase, while I was starting my engines! and within a span of only 3 minutes.. and I was not running the server... the host saw this happen and booted his ass.. I never saw this dooshbag before this...

:mad:

Edited by Ramstein

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

FYI Multiplayer disputes are best handled through private messaging or direct communication between the person who felt they were wronged and the game server admins. No action is taken unless you provide proof of cheating in the form of a track or tacview. Also usually no action will be taken until the culprit is warned first to stop as there are many noobs who "know not what they do" as mentioned previously in this thread.

Out

Edited by PoleCat

sorry, I should not have posted, at least his bogus name,, as there is no real name used online. It was no accident, hence no dispute, and there were 3 witnesses. I am sorry If I broke some protocol. Question still stands, If there is some database of bad people, his name needs to be added. This was no noob, it was a nutcase. Purposely blowing up teammates on the tarmac using weapons more than one time in about 3 minutes leaves no room for guessing.

again, sorry if I posted a no-no

I spent more than 10 years in flight simming and have a freindly and fair reputation on all flight servers in all games and in all forums. (excpet when I challenged the people who made some crappy fm/dm of American planes in IL-2), then some pilots from axis nations threw a hissy fit because they don't like having fair competition, and started throwing crap at me in a forum. Other than that I never bother anyone. It takes a real rotten person to bring me out to tell someone off.

:doh:

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

Shame a few ass****s want to go into public servers and ruin it for everyone else :(

I saw a person in the 159th server tonight under the name of 'unknown' deliberately TK'ing on blue side, you should have seen the language this person was spouting too, quite offensive and disruptive, bad bad :(

Another awful thing : the ones that do this realise that they face an IP ban, but often the offenders are on a dynamic IP and simply switch off/on their router, renew the IP and head back into the server and start disrupting all over again...

Edited by Mustang

....I saw a person in the 159th server tonight under the name of 'unknown' deliberately TK'ing on blue side, you should have seen the language this person was spouting too, quite offensive and disruptive, bad bad :(........

Unfortunately we have had to ban quite a few people for this type of behaviour.

For future reference, best thing to do if you see anyone doing this sort of thing on our server is to go across to our forums http://www.159thgar.com/forum/index.php and report them to us straight away, either using the announcement at the top of the "General" section, and we'll take it from there.

For obvious reasons we'd like to see proof of what was going on (screenshots showing in game messages/ chat and or screenshots of the debriefing screen will suffice).

this is just so dumb!! why would people do this? Sigh** i'll never know. they have this incredible flight sim and they go and ruin it for everyone??? makes me sick.

The more popular the game , the worse the problem is with that. Bunch of kiddies that get thier enjoyment of gaming by ruining it for others. That is the game for them...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Should be an unwritten rule that in the event of Intentional/Deliberate Teamkill behaviour such as described, all the members of both coalitions that are in the server at the time of the Abhorrent behaviour shall immediately desist from all that they are doing and attend to the opening of a multitude of cans of WhipA$$ on the Nefarios Juvenile Reprobate........:music_whistling:

Said lesson shall continue until the Idiot in question has preferably been slammed, slammed and then slammed again........and then some!

Whilst I firmly believe that a diplomatic solution to a problem should always be sought, whatever the circumstances, Life has also taught me that some people just need a Good Hiding!

Upon succesful conclusion of the said lesson in Responsible Behaviour and the graphically illustrated consequences of Non-Conformance, the participants will then revert back to their respective coalitions without fear of reprisals for the conduct engaged in, no doubt returning to a more decent Mission now that the *#*wit has been dealt with!

Just a Thought.........

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Waste of time mate...... And without labels asking for trouble on a full server.

What I'd like to see is friendly Air defence units targeting anything that was attacking an airfield or FARP. That way TK'ing could be almost eliminated by simply setting up some AAA and short range SAM's around every active base since the minute the idiot started his tricks the AA would take him down and then go back to defending against enemy incursion.

We wouldn't even have to worry about banning them... We could just sit back and laugh!! :smilewink:

Edited by Jester_159th
Typos..... Bain of my lyfe!!!!

ED has left us with some neat tools to help in the moderation of multiplayer servers. Track files are automatically generated, so if I hear about this TK'er over on our forums I can simply watch the track file, find the person and then find his IP in the server.net log. What I do need from players is to post over on our forums when this is hapening. I do hang around the server quite often but I cant always be there--my wife would killl me... lol.

There is also some neat framework to ban players in game that was provided by ED. All we need to do is build an interface to work with it. Its possible that kicking and banning people will become very easy in the near future...

• Like 1
The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

The best solution to the problem is to get a dedicated server release done ASAP. Make sure to include the feature that allows a server administrator to give others administrative privs like kicking and banning. Even better, would be a trigger that would automatically kick somebody who had more than one teamkill.

Nobody can be on 24/7, and the "reporting" method that is being used now takes time. Meanwhile, you have had 20 guys join the server and all of them have had their gaming experienced ruined for the day by one person.

• Like 2

Like I said, the framework is there. We've been told that in future iterations a dedicated server option is possible, likely to include the things you've metioned, cause like I said banning features are already present in the script.

What I am more concerned about is the present. The tools we have are improving, there is possiblity for 3rd party designed interface to ban and we have the IP logs in the temp files. If people police each other a little bit and report actions on the server's forums we can keep the idiots out.

Overall I am pleased in the direction things have gone since Lock-On--as far as server hosting goes. I look forward to seeing what surprises are in store with future iterations.

• Like 1
The code is probaly in Russian anyway.

ArmA has such feature where if you shoot at friendlies they start shoot back... would be very nice feature to have same in DCS. One TK could always be just a mistake... if it continues you should be taken out by your own defences.

• Like 2

No longer active in DCS...

There is always that 1% of people, in everything, that have no morals, or, just a plain chip on their shoulder, that do these kind of things. They probably have no life, friends, etc., you know what I mean. They take enjoyment out of ruining things for other people. And all it takes is a small handful of these sad human beings to ruin the enjoyment for the rest of us 99% who actually care and have good morals. It's one of those 'facts of life' that suck. Try not to let your anger overshadow the enjoyment you (we) get from flying DCS BS, because if it does, then they win.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SOUP55:matrix: