Anti jamming filters

Spirale

I doubt that the sim support it. EW in DCS is very primitive. 

• Like 2

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

It does function. Only "problem" is that it doesn't really help in removing the jamming effect, but it does function as you can see the radar image change depending on the position of the knob.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

22 minutes ago, Spirale said:

Thx Myse, i'd like to know what effects are on each number 🙂

Easy to check with a basic mission made in the mission editor. 😉

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

14 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

It does function. Only "problem" is that it doesn't really help in removing the jamming effect, but it does function as you can see the radar image change depending on the position of the knob.

Would it be worth to be included in the RC2.1 manual?
Two days are still left ... 

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

2 hours ago, TOViper said:

Would it be worth to be included in the RC2.1 manual?
Two days are still left ... 

Probably worth it to change it from "non functional" to something else as it does in fact do something, but probably not worth going in-depth on it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tested this with the Moskva ship, and put my radar against it. The ship starts to jam, but with the filter I was able to get the strongest radar returns at the location (bearing AND distance) I placed the ship on the map, ... so: AS JAMMING WORKS!

To give this section just a little text, I would add something like this (basically).

Radar controls

AS-mode selector: Toggles anti-jamming filters. With the filters, it might be possible to determine the distance to a jamming target, and then e.g. perform a successful target fix.

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

19 hours ago, TOViper said:

I tested this with the Moskva ship, and put my radar against it. The ship starts to jam, but with the filter I was able to get the strongest radar returns at the location (bearing AND distance) I placed the ship on the map, ... so: AS JAMMING WORKS!

To give this section just a little text, I would add something like this (basically).

Radar controls

AS-mode selector: Toggles anti-jamming filters. With the filters, it might be possible to determine the distance to a jamming target, and then e.g. perform a successful target fix.

Did you check if the different anti jamming modes make any difference or do they all have the same effect against jamming? I'm curious, because I don't think there is a difference between the different modes, just on/off.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

No, they are obviously not doing the same, since the picture changes when going through the different stages.
But it is hard to describe what they really do in the background by just looking at the radar image only.

I guess the coder of this certain function should know what the different stages do ... :wassat:

my computer:

5 hours ago, TOViper said:

No, they are obviously not doing the same, since the picture changes when going through the different stages.
But it is hard to describe what they really do in the background by just looking at the radar image only.

I guess the coder of this certain function should know what the different stages do ... :wassat:

Huh, interesting. I'll have to take a look at that myself, as I'm curious now.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Curious as I was after reading Myse1234's post ...
Never used this knob because it was listed in the manual but with [no function].
Funny story this is LOL

my computer:

Yeah, absolutely!

I followed the old rule: Don't touch a control unless you really know what it is doing with your aircraft ... so: I KEPT MY DIRTY FINGERS OFF

:music_whistling:

my computer:

14 hours ago, TOViper said:

so: I KEPT MY DIRTY FINGERS OFF

Quite the oppsite for me in this case: I've never NOT flown with the anti jamming system active (set to mode 1), as the startup checklist tells you to set it to mode 1 (RC2 manual page 239)!

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 months later...

The AS modes are not really implemented as of now, hence the manual says no-function. That said, there is actually some sort of function tied to them, which is the controlled-dampening effect, which affects the radar return strength at various distances, giving you a slightly different picture on the screen. Hence people in this thread see some effect when turning around the knob in certain situations.

However, this mode is activated by default, as compromise since the mode selector is not really implemented proper anyways. So by playing around with the mode selector, it can happen that you deactivate this mode, but thats about it.

Until this system is implemented proper (not planned right now), just leave the mode in AS-0 or AS-1.

Edited by Zabuzard

Well, its purpose is to find jamming ground targts on your radar screen - i.e. ships. Like, when you have all the jitter on the screen and it's hard to spot the real target return under it.
It has modes that will make it easier to see the actual target and less of the jitter, in various situations. They also affect some of the weapons in a similiar way.

However, actual precise information on them is quite sparse, which makes it hard to implement it in a proper and realistic way, other than just guessing around.

That, plus the limitations of DCSs jamming system in general, makes it a rather tricky feature to implement.

Fortunately, spotting jamming targets on your radar screen isn't too hard right now anyways, so it's relevance isn't very critical.

• Like 1

Just to add to this discussion.

MiG-21bis module has anti-jamming/interference filters that will filter out the jamming signals when activated. When used, it’s impossible to move the TDC (for some reason).

Just find it a bit interesting since parts of Heatblur team worked on the 21 module and might know how to implement a similar filter on the Viggen. But obviously very different radars and complexity.