Anti jamming filters

Spirale

A very large part of those settings is what is already implemented, increased thresholding making the jamming less overpowering on the displays. There are additional features on the higher settings IRL but those are irrelevant with the current ECM implementation in DCS. You should not expect those until a time when/if the ECM simulation is increased in fidelity.

Edited by Naquaii

On 12/29/2022 at 4:22 PM, TOViper said:

I tested this with the Moskva ship, and put my radar against it. The ship starts to jam, but with the filter I was able to get the strongest radar returns at the location (bearing AND distance) I placed the ship on the map, ... so: AS JAMMING WORKS!

Actually on Sea AI assets, has none about "jamming" funtionality... that has more a "placebo". ED has confirmed none sea unit has ECM, ECCM, jammers and decoy and no plans yet to implement them by lack of feasible data of how use them.

1 hour ago, Schmidtfire said:

Just to add to this discussion.

MiG-21bis module has anti-jamming/interference filters that will filter out the jamming signals when activated. When used, it’s impossible to move the TDC (for some reason).

Just find it a bit interesting since parts of Heatblur team worked on the 21 module and might know how to implement a similar filter on the Viggen. But obviously very different radars and complexity.

It is less of a "how to implement an anti-jammer", but more of a "what exactly do the modes do IRL?". To what extend do they change the noise/gain ratios, what exact angles/distances do they filter out/emphasize, ... and some of them do not make too much sense in the context of DCS in the current state.

For example, the enemies jammers do not have frequencies/bands modelled. Its merely a "is jamming" boolean flag. So the filter modes that would work on switching/filtering various frequencies and so on, can not really be implemented in a meaningful way.

Just making one of the modes a magic anti-jammer might make sense from a game perspective, but not so much in terms of replicating and simulating the real Viggen.

If someone has actual concrete ideas, backed by IRL documents (not just the base overview given in the SFI), we are happy to put it into the backlog 🙂

Edited by Zabuzard
  • Like 2