Suggestion for campaign. Semi-real but based on the real events. Mi-24.

Odessa

Good day all.

Part 1.  1993.
Georgia asks Ukraine to help relocate refugees from  Abkhazia, it happened in real life.
In reality Ukraine sent 15 Mi-8 and 2 Ka-27. In the campaign we can use 15 Mi-8 and 2 Mi-24.
Part 1- just people \ cargo movement in mountains. Maybe one \ two "military" missions to protect convoys. Refugees actually run away from the Abkhazian attack.

Part 2. 2008. 08/08/08. Russian attack.
Several missions to stop Russians advance. Can be finished as in reality after Russian stopped like in real life.

What do you think?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I'd love to do something for the Mi-24, but I heard the company that produces the helo wants some royalties for campaigns. I need to verify if this is true, if so I am NEVER going to pay them a single penny with what is going on in Ukraine. 

1993 would be an interesting one. In 2008 in reality the Georgian Hinds flew only 2-3 missions before they were hidden and didn't even hit any targets... 
If I were to do a Hind campaign, it would probably be for the Polish ones 🙂 

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

12 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Hey! I'd love to do something for the Mi-24, but I heard the company that produces the helo wants some royalties for campaigns. I need to verify if this is true, if so I am NEVER going to pay them a single penny with what is going on in Ukraine. 

1993 would be an interesting one. In 2008 in reality the Georgian Hinds flew only 2-3 missions before they were hidden and didn't even hit any targets... 

So humankind is waiting for "Gamblers"! Thank you for your work again.
I actually wanted to buy AH-64 but then I saw you are working on F-16.
So I have F-16 now 🙂.
While waiting - I have time to play Enemy Within.

Edited by Odessa
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2023 at 3:15 AM, baltic_dragon said:

That would be amazing, I wish there were Polish liveries for the Hind. I love putting on Polish liveries for the Viper or Fulcrum and putting on some Chopin 🎹

I don't get the bit about the Hind and royalties--wasn't that a 1st party DCS module?

• 6 months later...
Am 8.1.2023 um 12:15 schrieb baltic_dragon:

You are absolutely right. I really hope you were wrong here. Why don't you just ask Armen Murazyan?

In general, it doesn't always have to be based on real events, I think.
But I'm currently trying my hand at a single player campaign that has the Cyprus/Turkey conflict as its background. I'm just not quite sure whether for the Mi-24P or AH-64.

Edited by kotor633

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

3 hours ago, kotor633 said:

You are absolutely right. I really hope you were wrong here. Why don't you just ask Armen Murazyan?

In general, it doesn't always have to be based on real events, I think.
But I'm currently trying my hand at a single player campaign that has the Cyprus/Turkey conflict as its background. I'm just not quite sure whether for the Mi-24P or AH-64.

Back off 😄 that's the one I'm working on. 😄

• Like 1

vor 15 Stunden schrieb SorelRo:

Back off 😄 that's the one I'm working on. 😄

Oh really? Well, I guess you don't need to fear me as a competitor. I do this primarily for myself to gain some experience with the whole topic of campaign creation in DCS. I still lack the experience. But it's nice to hear you're on it.

• Like 2

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!