Wingman AI Issue Can someone confirm?

icecold951

AI wingmen, when told to execute mission objectives, return to WP 1 first, regardless of where the objectives are. This makes wingmen pretty useless unless you release them by WP 1. It did not do this before the update. If you released a wingman, he went for the first objective marked WP.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 162nd Pete said:

Does it work in mission editor but not outside mission editor? I'm noticing that the flying AI works perfect in ME but when the mission is played outside ME they go stupid. 

Actually I haven't tried it outside the ME. That is where my bugs show up. I have two bugs. In one mission, the wingman won't taxi to the Cat for several minutes, and the one I mentioned about WP 1. I'll test outside ME now.

12 hours ago, 162nd Pete said:

Does it work in mission editor but not outside mission editor? I'm noticing that the flying AI works perfect in ME but when the mission is played outside ME they go stupid. 

For me it works oppositely. The wingman behaved correctly in Missions, but not in ME. Still waits forever to take off.

After my update to v2.8 stable on 12-30-22, all of my A-10C II missions in Nevada and Caucus that i created in v2.7 have wingmen issues (outside of ME). After they have destroyed a target they go flying off into the sunset until they declare bingo fuel and then eject. I have created a mission in v2.8 and same issue. They acknowledge a RTB or Rejoin command I send them, but fly off in a random direction at a constant altitude. I am also now experiencing support aircraft that sit running on the airport and never take-off in v2.8 stable (oustide ME).      

Edited by Warsaw

• 2 weeks later...

What's this ME. 

Mission Editor? How can you see actions PLAYED in ME? What are you talking about? 

To the OP, did you build the mission correctly? You have to fly your plan with AI following, if you don't even go to WP1 yourself, AI will do just that when you order him to execute mission. Hard to say without a miz file or a track. 

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Tested in one of my missions, no problems at all with AI wingman following the plan and executing mission objectives.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe there's a difference between starting the mission within mission editor or not. It should be the exact same thing.

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

On 1/26/2023 at 3:57 PM, d0ppler said:

I can't believe there's a difference between starting the mission within mission editor or not. It should be the exact same thing.

There is no difference. Both ways work exactly the same way, only that after you started mission from ME then after you exit the mission you have the chance to go directly back to editing it.